Points????

Started by jigs, August 28, 2010, 03:44:22 PM

danch

So, it works the same way that the April HPT round, the June Gateway round, and the July Road A round did.
MW Am #720

Doctor

Yes, exactly. Example- lets say that Ricky Roadracer has not been to any GP events. Evan Expert currently has 17 points in the GP region, and is in third there, and cannot make BHF. Lets say that his brother, Eric Expert, is leading the GP Championship with 35 points, and can also not make BHF.

Ricky wins at BHF and collects 70 points for both regions. Ricky becomes the GP Champion, beating out both Evan and Eric in the points, assuming the GP second place racer also did not show up at BHF.

Now, this may seem like GP is at risk for getting screwed, but keep in mind that MW lost an entire single points event out of this too, and nothing is being done to make up for that for us MW folks. There are people who were planning on attending HPT to get some more MW points that were needed that now have zero shot at getting those points. Those people would have still accumulated the same GP points as well, since it was a combined weekend.

Overall, there is compromise here for both regions, and I am glad CCS and BHF were able to come up with this plan, especially for the GP folks who were facing the season ending as the alternative.
Wisconsin SportBikes Racing Team, Zone Photo, Dunlop, MotoVid.com, Blackhawk Farms Raceway

Jim Lilly
CCS Ex #703

Noidly1

Got it... I was thinking what if the finishes were broken down by each riders region but that would be too much paperwork...
'08 R6, CCSGP44EX

kevinhuff

Thats what i was wanting to know I"m in thrid  or fourth place in the points in middle wieght grand prix  with a mw rider in second place if there had been a race at hpt i would have had a better shot at finishing second place than I do now with both regions having a double points race

Sobottka

Quote from: kevinhuff on August 31, 2010, 01:57:43 AM
Thats what i was wanting to know I"m in thrid  or fourth place in the points in middle wieght grand prix  with a mw rider in second place if there had been a race at hpt i would have had a better shot at finishing second place than I do now with both regions having a double points race

what chance of improving your point standings do you have if the GP season is finished one round early?
Lithium Motorsports
Suspension Solutions
http://www.facebook.com/team.chouffe

tstruyk

so what youre saying Rob is that if you want the most points possible you have to finish as high as possible?  well that doesnt sound fair at all...  :biggrin:
CCS GP/ASRA  #85
2010 Sponsors: Lithium Motorsports, Probst Brothers Racing, Suspension Solutions, Pirelli, SBS, Vortex

"It is incredible what a rider filled with irrational desire can accomplish"

MELK-MAN

Quote from: kevinhuff on August 31, 2010, 01:57:43 AM

can go both ways, other guy could have a great weekend and you have a not so good and you finish further back.. Without another race it is what it is, just saying could turn out good or not so good if there are more races.
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

kevinhuff

hopefully good for me, ha ha ,HPT sure made  a mess of things guess i better get used to racing MW tracks if i 'm going to race next year doesn't look like there going to be a GP region anyway