Breaking news: Final GP and MW rounds combined at Sept 26th BFR Round

Started by spyderchick, August 25, 2010, 12:41:43 PM

spyderchick

Email from Kevin:

Yes, we are combining the canceled Heartland and the final BHF race. We will
still run the new one day race schedule and pay double Great Plains and
double Mid West points. Also if you're posting this, please mention the BHF
practice day on Saturday and contacting BHF for pre-entry to the practice.

Kevin Elliott
Director of Operations ASRA/CCS
P.O. Box 121278
Fort Worth, Texas 76121
817-246-1127
817-246-2977 Fax

Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

zts_gixx

Sweeeeeet...I'll try to make it. Hope to still do the Pridmore STAR school sept 23rd also, but not sure if I can swing both.

jigs

That's awesome......I will say this,there are alot of local racers who are talking about coming out and racing that weekend that are out of the points,just to come out and support CCS/BHF,if you are MW or GP and in the points I would highly consider pre-registering.

spyderchick

Additional info from CCS:

Gates Open 5pm Friday September 24th. Open 24hrs until End of Event.

Gate Fees $25 until Saturday at 5pm

$15 from Saturday at 5pm until Sunday at 5pm

Advance Practice $120

Morning of $140

Group 1 Amateur Racers

Group 2 Expert Racers

Group 3 Riders Clinic and Learning Curves

DISCLAIMER- 

Schedule Subject to change.  Based on pre-registrations. 

Advance Registration Closes Noon Friday the 24th.

All Bikes Must be teched to be on track for the test day.  This will qualify
as CCS Tech for Sunday races. 

If you are a minor with a race license please contact track in advance if
you wish to participate in Test and Tune. 

Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

Lucas W120

Burt Munro

Word of advice for anyone entering GTU, MW Supersport or MW Superbike - PRE-ENTER!!

Those were the biggest grids last weekend and with the addition of the GP Region stand to possibly fill up.

Not saying you'll get shut out by registering late because the Grid is full - but those classes have the greatest likelyhood.

Last weekend we had 24 on the Grid sheet for EX/AM combined GTU, 30 for EX/AM combined MW Supersport and 27 for EX/AM combined MW Superbike.

When we were running the 2 day schedule each of these races were separated - EX and AM.  With the new 1 day schedule they are combined.  Not sure, but I think the maximum track density for Blackhawk is around 40 bikes per race.

This is now a double points weekend for both Midwest and Great Plains regions.

Why take a chance and get told that they can't accept any more entries because the race is full!   :thumb:
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

jigs

Yeah,this is real possible,I sent reg; and check today and I've not pre-registered all year,there's already momentum here,and some friends I talked to comming from GP,this could really start to roll with enthusiasm.We're also working on festivities to be announced later that will make the social end it this thing a blast.

limelight

This additional or unscheduled race for the GP region may not be a good thing for GP Riders.

1.  With double points GP riders may loose there GP championships to MW riders simply because they cannot attend this unscheduled race.

2.  Many GP racers made vacation plans for the September 5-6 weekend.  Arranging vacation time for the unscheduled race may not be possible.
Richard Woten
Past President
Dell's Honda
GP  #12
CBR600F2

Tornado Bait

So....... if I was pre-registered for HPT races and practice I'm now pre-registered for Blackhawk races, but not practice?  Never been to Blackhawk, someone please help me out here do they handle practice fees seperate from race fees like MCRA does for GIR?
Speed & Strength, BikeMaster, Vortex, E4S, Tucker Rocky
Cafe Racer Inc.
Tornado Bait Racing

Knightslugger