News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Some thoughts on the future of Midwest/Great Plains racing

Started by spyderchick, August 23, 2010, 03:24:19 PM

justintime_3

Well as a new comer to the game I can honestly say that I had always thought that racing was way out of my budget and also skill level. Recently I have been more and more curious about it and have been doing a lot of forum reading, and have been reading that it may not be as expensive as long as you control your budget. So yes once i get done with this deployment I am going to get my race license and will hopefully be seeing more of you next year. I guess my point is this, maybe I was ignorant to the fact that I could never afford to race or maybe their needs to be more exposure about racing at track days. I have done my fair share of trackdays and have never heard anybody say much about CCS or WERA. And have not seen a brochure saying come check out CCS and come race for real. Another option that I am not sure if you guys offer is getting miltary members like myself off the streets and get on the track by offering possibly a military discount. I have been riding with NE#BA and this year they just offered a three year free membership and 10 dollars off of every day they register for. I can tell you first hand that this is an excellent way to get peple on the track. I myself have gotten 8 people in my unit to get out on the track and are now hooked. The military is a very good opportunity to get people interested in racing. We come back from overseas with a big pocket full of money and throw it down on a bike and go out and terrorize the streets. Now I know that this isnt the perfect outlet for them to go racing but getting them off the street and on the track even at track days is a great idea and has been working for NE#BA lately. So that is just a couple suggestions that I have been thinking a lot about lately as I sit overseas waiting to get back on the track again

skiandclimb

I feel Timmay's smite count going up.....someone mentioned NESBA.  :lmao:
#730 CCS MW/GP
Pursuit Racing, The Backstopper's Org.
www.cyclehouseperformance.com - St. Louis, MO.
King Edward's Chicken and Fish- St. Louis, MO.
www.mcraracing.com

evil twin

Burt Munro

NESBA......  isn't that the organization that you need a real high IQ to get into?
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

Team Spalding

Quote from: Burt Munro on August 26, 2010, 11:28:03 PM
NESBA......  isn't that the organization that you need a real high IQ to get into?
Not sure since I am a member.
Joel Spalding
CCS & ASRA #36

Sponsors: Michelin, Ducati Of Indy, Wife Cindy, Held Gloves, Southeast Sales.

Jeff

Quote from: riderupred on August 26, 2010, 03:27:13 PM
It is so funny that now after I posted this link.... I can no longer view it.... wonder why that is?

Because it was a 3 year old classified ad for somthing that is long sold...  We do that around here... Relax, it's no conspiracy...
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

ChitownNexus

On a serious and licensing note I thought of this...

Some of my posts were in relation to LCR and Motovid (or any other trackday org) offering CCS licensing.  One of the main things people stated was that LCR has your run a mock race.  That is something trackdays cannot offer.  They might be able to given instructions on flags, rules, and regs but not do a mock race.

This made me think about the Team Chicago school that Dan Schmidt has run for years and years.  If you complete that school you can apply for a WERA or even CCS license without having done a mock race?  I might be wrong, but I am pretty sure I read that on the Team Chicago website and or it has always been that way.

Super Dave

I believe it is only a WERA license.

MRA posts up another press release about their event weekend...
http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/article/?article=41800
Super Dave