News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Pirelli

Started by xseal, July 15, 2010, 06:31:15 PM

xseal

sorry if I missed it, but I posted a bunch of races to get contingency, and it seems they want me to pay $49.95 to be eligible. I'm I missing something, since when do we pay to collect contingency?

daviid

since the 2010 racing season started.
David | 03 Suzuki SV650 | ASRA/CCS/WERA SE EX #484
RacerStuff.net / RTech Racing Fuels Fuels / Continental / Next Level Motorsports

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."
-Benjamin Franklin

JBraun

Since people started registering for a card even though they do one race a year and don't finish in the money anyway.
It costs a lot to run the program. Pirelli is asking you to make a small commitment to cut down on the number if people who get a card just because its free and they want to put it under their pillow at night and have racer dreams...
ASRA/CCS MW #29
Lithium Motorsports
Suspension Solutions
PIRELLI

J Farrell / Speed Tech Motorsp

Pirelli is asking you to make a small commitment to cut down on the number if people who get a card just because its free and they want to put it under their pillow at night and have racer dreams...
Racer Dreams? Huh... What?
Dude.... For real? I think its time you get off your high horse. For being a buddy of a Pirelli Rep your really making yourself & Pirelli look pretty bad.

Pirelli uses a webite called www.XTRM.com to post your contingency to of which gives you cash on a debit card. Your XTRM card can also be used by other sponsors of which actually can give you money directly through this company to sponsor you instead of writing you a check directly. You can collect other contingencies from other companies as well. So it not Pirelli charging this money but XTRM charging this money to use the service.
It is well worth it. Because really you are paying for a bank account service. Not a bad deal for a 1 time fee to sign up with the service.

Pirelli has done me very well for the past 10 years of my racing career. Without their support & contingency program this year I would not be able to have the results I have had this season. To date this season I believe I have collected over $10,000 in Pirelli cash.
So $50 for the sign up fee for me was no biggy.  Plus an upside to the account online is you can look at all you transactions you make. There is a award history also.

Any other questions I will be glad to help you out. Or contact Dustin Boyd on here. or at Cycle Path Racing.

Good luck with your racing this season! See you out therel
Speed Tech Motorsports / Pirelli / Arai / Silkolene / Kawasaki USA / Farrell Sign & Graphics / Hindle / US Chrome Cylinder Plating / Vortex / Dynojet / Tucker Rocky / Penske / VP Fuels / Woodcraft / Attack Racing Bodies / Stompgrip / EBC / NESBA / Plus my kick ass guys back at the shop

Andi

I suppose you can keep your $50 and Pirelli can keep their money. Michelin uses XTRM as well so there is also a charge but worth every penny.

JCP636

I posted a finish during my trial period and they never sent me the card... Time came to renew and I didn't. I guess I gotta call over there and see what the hell is going on before next weekend...
Some may never live, but the crazy never die...

ccs#188

Eric Kelcher

JCP for starters check this page if you still have questions send me the following form
Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition

JCP636

Th
Quote from: Eric Kelcher on July 16, 2010, 07:36:07 PM
JCP for starters check this page if you still have questions send me the following form
Thanks, I definitely did everything I was supposed to. Registered with XTRM. Reported my results. Pirelli approved it and I was supposed to get a card sent. I just never got it. I'll call on monday and if it doesn't get resolved I'll let you know.
Some may never live, but the crazy never die...

ccs#188