HUGE appology to MICHELIN !!!

Started by Speedballer347, July 07, 2010, 01:27:00 PM

Speedballer347

I owe a huge appoligy to Michelin and their Power One C rear tire.

I posted a month ago about the horrible experience I had with the C rear tire sliding unpredictable and early at Gateway.

Well, I put my foot in my mouth because it all boiled down to rider error, incorrect suspension components and setup, coupled with a hundred degree day and slick track.

After Gateway, I had my forks refreshed and had much heavier springs installed. I had my rear Ohlins rebuilt and had a much heavier spring installed.
Had Robert Jenson/Spiegler adjust my suspension. Had Tommy from Macin Racin Tires adjust my pressures.

The same C tire that would not stick at all at Gatway became a different tire.... phenominal, never slipping once at Road America. 2 days at Gateway and then two days at Road A and it still stuck like glue when I changed it out for a B rear.

The C is an incrediable tire, I feel terrible for bashing it...The only reason I was having problems was my springs were way too soft and my lack of suspension setup knowledge....NOT the tires fault at all. MY FAULT!

Once my springs were changed and the bike was set up correctly, the C immediately became the best tire I had ever ridden on. Incredible grip, predictablity and longevity. It was the shit!
When I put a fresh B on the rear for sunday, it was better, more aggressive....but very close in performance.

My sincerest appoligies to Michelin....the B & C are the most awesome tires I have ever raced on! I am very sorry for my original post.
CCS #347 expert, MW/GP, GSXR1000
JoJo Bits, HighSpeedAssault.com, WickedStickers.com, GNO Kneesliders, WFO-Motorsports IL, ImageX Photography, Royalty Racing

Super Dave

Neat!

Set up, set up, set up.  Always worth chasing.   :cheers:
Super Dave

Speedballer347

THanks Dave...I always appreciate your help.

I wish I had gotten my suspension fixed before trashing the tire  :preachon:  My bad!

Anyway, the tire was great!!!!  :thumb:
JoJo Bits, HighSpeedAssault.com, WickedStickers.com, GNO Kneesliders, WFO-Motorsports IL, ImageX Photography, Royalty Racing

MELK-MAN

cool for posting back up after the fact.. many would have just gone on business as usual without the follow up!
And by "C" you meant the new power1 C rear, not the old version PR C (Just some may not have seen the prior thread).
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

Speedballer347

Hi Greg!

Yeah, the Power One -C-.....it was exceptionally good.  The Power One -B- was even more aggressive on the throttle :-)
I was running the V front.

MELK-MAN

2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

gixxerfever

wow, that sounds familiar, accusing someone without knowing the facts

Speedballer347

Quote from: gixxerfever on July 08, 2010, 12:46:50 PM
wow, that sounds familiar, accusing someone without knowing the facts

Starting to seem that way  :biggrin:

I owe you a good six pack....you going to Topeka, Gateway or Blackhawk this season  :cheers: