Saturday Practice Summit Point Turn 1 Crash during session 6 Group 1

Started by Bullitt_75, June 01, 2010, 03:12:42 PM

Bullitt_75

I just wanted to post a link to the video of my crash for anyone to see.  I also wanted to give a special thanks to all the MARRC corner workers and EMT staff for helping me out and to the two guys pitted next to me for helping unload and load my bike.  Also thanks to everyone who stopped by to see how I was doing and for offering to help out.  Thanks.

Eric Kelcher

That was sudden, did the camera interfere with front suspension travel? Looks to be mounted behind front wheel to radiator or upper fairing
Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition

drew231506

I dont get it?  How does one lock the front?  I dont even see how its possible.  Did your forks bottom? 
CCS Expert# 13

Gixxerblade

Even if his forks bottomed there had to be an outside inputs on the direction of travel to make the bike do what it did. Oil on the track? Weird.

Bullitt_75

The camera is attached to the bottom of the nose and at first I thought I must have locked the front brakes or maybe the camera restricted the movement of the forks.  But the more I thought about it those two causes didn't make sense because the camera was mounted in the same location for the first 5 sessions and I did not have a problem and usually when you lock the front brakes you can feel the front tire slide or skip.  There was no indication I was about to lose the front or back before I crashed.  In any event when I get my bike back on the track I think I will change where the camera is mounted.

Ducmarc

that's kinda unnerving i assume the brakes and the wheel were tight and not rubbing anything ?

Kuala76

:ahhh: I was the one on your scene.  I couldn't tell what exactly happened to make you crash, however, you are not the first one to go down like that in that area.  Glad you are 'okay'!  However, you'll probably need find someone who can repair leathers right??!!!?
Kumi
MARRC Corner Worker of the Year 2008
MARRC Vice President 2012
MARRC President 2013

IFMracing

Camera was definately getting hit, but doubt that would have been a cause.
Scary.
GP AM CCS #28 ASRA #128
I.F.M. Racing

GODZiLLA

Hey man, we were pitted right next to you, how you holding up?

Looks like the front tucked, maybe something on the track? If i remember correctly, you were running street tires also?
CCS AM #111

Peter998

I was slick as hell out there I was sliding the nose in T1 all morning and basically tip toeing around until after lunch that first day of practice.
Peter Meringolo 2010 Expert/ASRA # 998
ECS Racing

Bullitt_75

Thanks for your help Kuala76.  I have a number of the corner workers on the original video because the camera was still recording until the bike was dropped off at my pit area.  My leathers will definitely need repaired. 

Hey Godzilla, Nice to hear from you.  I hope the rest of your weekend went well.  I did have street tires on, Michelin Pilot Power 2CT, but they only had one track day on them.  I must have watched the video 30 times by now and still cannot figure out what happened.

Peter998, The track was very slick out there before lunch.  And I was also tip toeing around before lunch.  But after lunch it seemed to be much better until I crashed.

GODZiLLA

CCS AM #111