News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Summit Point 30 May

Started by Solo, May 31, 2010, 10:20:59 AM

Solo

Once again I did the one race day weekend and ran the F40 and GTO races in the AM class.

After NJMP I lowered the front on the bike to make it turn in faster. It worked but added instability when hard on the brakes despite getting my rear to the rear.  Chose to live with it.  Bad choice.
Finished 4th in the F40 then was running well in the GTO (reduced to a 7 lap sprint) when I pushed a pass too hard going into 5, avoided a rider and ended up sideways.   :banghead:  For a split second I thought I could transition to dirt mode and slide it to stop.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhJNwD8SewM

My wife later mentioned when I last crashed in dry conditions she was pregnant with our daughter.  That was 13 years ago.
Can't say I missed it!

Karma is a strange thing.  I said after Summit I'd assess whether I could adjust to the differences in the U.S. racing scene.
After the F40 I recognized ya know, the atmosphere is lighter than the Japan scene and I am having a great time.
So I commited to running the CCS season.  Ironic I throw the bike away right after that.

Thank you to the cornerworkers and entire CCS org.  Good fun, light damage, no injuries except to my pride.

Looking forward to VIR.
CCS AM #532

Gixxerblade

I think you should've passed him way earlier. Cool video.