News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

VIR who won AM LWsuperbike?

Started by Baltobuell, April 13, 2003, 04:53:27 PM

Baltobuell

Or AM LWGP. or Thunderbike. Since Darren D. is an expert now, who's the new target. I was expecting to  go but stuff happens. :-/

bfkidd

ecumike

Pete Moravek is the man on his new SV650. He's friggen fast. He won AM Thunderbike and 2nd in AM GTL

Baltobuell

There is usually somebody on a SV that gets it all together and stands out. Congrads to Pete and Dr Bill.

B-MAC

The guy you need to watch for is Marshall Daniel. Won three or four am LW classes at VIR

TreyBone

JD Gilliam did his riders school two weeks ago at Roebling but didn't race all weekend. His first race weekend was at VIR and he finished 5th in GT Lights and 3rd in Lightweight Supersport.  Not to bad for a first weekend. Not to mention a bone stock SV (suspension, pipe, and everything was stock) 8)

Baltobuell

Some famous guy said something to the effect of there not being a larger group of optimists than a starting grid. Looks like there will be a good contest this year. That's what it's all about. But Marshall, 3 wins, looks like he's setting the bar.

james-redsv

JD did do good but was riding on the ragged edge. He ran off the track once and almost crashed right in front of me, but he held on the 3rd and I got 4th in LW SS. I should have beat him but my bike was rich on the Main jet and I couldnt keep up down the front straight.  ;D

Baltobuell

If it's one thing that's frustrating with racing (other than my own shortcomings) it's dusting somebody in the corners just to have them walk by on the straight. But that's racing. Hey, you still got wood!

r6_philly

QuoteIf it's one thing that's frustrating with racing (other than my own shortcomings) it's dusting somebody in the corners just to have them walk by on the straight. But that's racing. Hey, you still got wood!

Isnt that why we all have the urges to spend 1,000's of dollars in our bikes to get rid of that little irratating fact? Although most of the time we don't have that kind of money, so we just pump our fists and try to ride harder... it would be nice to do something about that though

skydiver19

QuoteIf it's one thing that's frustrating with racing (other than my own shortcomings) it's dusting somebody in the corners just to have them walk by on the straight.

Interesting. I raced the Amateur Lightweight stuff last year on an SV and can't count how many times Buells motored by me on the straight away only to park it going through the turns. I got nipped at the line twice even though I had built a 50 yard gap coming out of the final turn.

Frustrating? Sure. Solution? Race harder, go faster, or bring more motor. Trying to get around point-and-shoot bikes really helped my entrance and exit speed, braking, as well as taught me to take different lines in order to make passes. Plus there's always the satisfaction of beating someone who had a clear horsepower advantage. Good fun.

TreyBone

JD was on a bone stock SV..  I mean he just bought it. It doesnt' even have 1000 street miles on it. stock jets, stock exhaust, stock suspention, never adjusted.  

You say you were to rich on the main jet, which implies that you have a jet kit and exhaust system.