Nate Kern?

Started by djduc748l, May 03, 2010, 10:58:38 AM

djduc748l

Anyone know what happened to Nate, was there Sat, he looked fine, just saw people wishing him well, did he go down?

And It was great seeing alot of you guys this weekend! Keep it safe!

Dennis Espinosa
CCS # 40
Remember...have fun and enjoy every second! Life is to precious to take for granted!

XFACTOR

Race 3 I think, Unlimited Supersport, Nate went down on the right hand exit out of the chicane approaching the "wheelie hill".  Couldn't find out too much at the track other than he hit his head hard. He took an ambulance ride to get checked out at the hospital........that's all I know.   

Wes07

Nate Kern was feeling uncomfortable with his neck, and last I heard was getting MRI's done. Really great down to earth guy, sucks to see him go down that hard, and the bike was pretty trashed too =/
Wes Perry Ex. 352
Winner of 7 Championships in 2011
Sunwood Builders - Wayfair - Vortex - Dunlop - Motul

MELK-MAN

he has a facebook page, may have updates there. Bummer to hear about crashes..
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

drew231506

Yea I saw it happen.  Highsided at the exit of the chicane.  Was pretty nasty, he was launched into the air tumbled for a while.  He gave a thumbs up as they loaded him into the ambulance.
CCS Expert# 13

antirich

Damn that's a shame. He was flying with that BMW during the GT race. Fun to watch from the stands.

Kind of cool to see the whole BMW team there. Looked very professional.

Got to talk to Nate and his crew chief on Saturday night. Great bunch of guys with lots of cool stories. Both had high praises for the track and CCS.

Macon663

Get well soon Nate.

2old2fat2slow

Thanks to:Lithium Motorsports, Vondari Racing, Continental Tires of North America, Absolute Cycle, RaceConti,Next Level Motorsports, Mize Mobile, Vortex, Woodcraft

JOHN 3:16

last we heard  Nate had a bad headache ,he was to be released sunday night  They were waiting for some test results.

Nate hope your feeling better  praying for quick recovery.     
CCS Chaplain

YellowRacer

From Nates facebook page

"Home now. Rung my bell good and have some blood or something stupid on the brain. More or less a severe concussion. No big deal. We figured out after horus of video, that massive bump exiting chicane (T4) finally caught up to our stock steering dampner. Oh well. 15 kartwheels later and totalled RR, should have had a dampner"

Now, where is the video?
CCS #131 AM

How do they do it?
Why do they do it?
Riding, and crashing, and riding, and winning
And always faster, and faster, and faster!
     - Faster

drew231506

Well he could have gone slower through there.  Duh.  Sheesh.  Everybody in a big hurry.

Glad he's doing ok.

BTW Nate, you couldn't have had worse timing!!  My mother, who has never come to a race, never wanted to, could barely get the courage to see her son in a single race.  Showed up 10 secs before you decided to have a spectacular highside to the moon.  My first thoughts were, shit i hope he's ok, then they were, shit i hope my mom is ok.  I looked at her and she started to cry.  lol  damn it
CCS Expert# 13

Macon663

LOL @ Drew

Heal up Nate.