NJMP - WTF?

Started by MCRacer980, April 30, 2010, 12:02:03 AM

race712

The gate fees were tough to swallow - but after sampling both the crash truck service and the medical facility I don't mind as much.  The crash truck team was the best I've ever seen at a club race by far (no offense to MARRC, they are just out-manned and out-spent on this one many times over)

SVbadguy

Quote from: race712 on May 03, 2010, 06:06:19 PM
The gate fees were tough to swallow - but after sampling both the crash truck service and the medical facility I don't mind as much.  The crash truck team was the best I've ever seen at a club race by far (no offense to MARRC, they are just out-manned and out-spent on this one many times over)

Actually half the crew out there were MARRC members including those running cornerworker control.  How is having to wait until the end of a race to pick up bikes all over the track better?  Having a scanner to know what's going on, I'm far more aware of what is going on.  There was a whole lot of waiting at the hot pit gate due to waiting for bikes to be cleared.  In two of my races we ended up waiting 10 minutes to start our warmup lap after getting the final call. 
Mid-Atlantic Region 
MARRC Exec Committee at-large & Radio Committee Chair

race712

travis -

are you talking about the crash truck or the corner workers?  I know some of the cornerworkers were MARRC - I did not recognize any of the crash truck workers as MARRC and believe they were all track employees.

When they arrived to pick up my bike 2 or 3 folks jumped out the truck like they were working a NASCAR pit stop and had the bike loaded (yes, with the help of MARRC cornerworker) and rolled in what seemed like 30 seconds or less.

The whole bit about not rolling truck or emergency vehicle while bikes are on track helps contribute to those long waits (and I was right there with you for at least one of them).  Oh - that and the little fact that CCS is making third call for race 2 when they know there are still bikes and people to pick up after race 1 might have a something to do with it too.

Kuala76

Quote from: race712 on May 03, 2010, 06:38:27 PM
travis -

are you talking about the crash truck or the corner workers?  I know some of the cornerworkers were MARRC - I did not recognize any of the crash truck workers as MARRC and believe they were all track employees.

When they arrived to pick up my bike 2 or 3 folks jumped out the truck like they were working a NASCAR pit stop and had the bike loaded (yes, with the help of MARRC cornerworker) and rolled in what seemed like 30 seconds or less.

Yes they are NJMP employees running the 'crash trucks' and yes overall they were very helpful and got there as quickly as possible (once the track was cold).  I had a couple EV guys come over to me in the tower at the end of the day. They said that they really wanted to thank the 'outsiders' who were out there picking up bikes. They said they were amazed at the knowledge of handling bikes and the amount of effort the 'outsiders' put into helping to load the bikes and/or get them to appropriate places for pick up. They said they are used to 'picking them up where they lay' with no assistance at all and that our 'methods' really saved a lot of time and effort for all involved.
Our 'crash truck' at Summit is typically run by a MARRC worker, sometimes one doing a double duty!  It sure would be great to have a few trucks staffed JUST to pick up bikes!
Kumi
MARRC Corner Worker of the Year 2008
MARRC Vice President 2012
MARRC President 2013