New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

NJMP - WTF?

Started by MCRacer980, April 30, 2010, 12:02:03 AM

MCRacer980

- limited gate hours (7 - 10pm)

- $47 per person gate fee (!!!!!)

- $60 camping/electric fee

-they were extremely confused when asked about the "hard card" as advertised on the CCS website.

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt for now (first time hosting a club-level event), but I'd say there's significant room for improvement on how things are priced/handled to keep me coming back.

racenrub

the gate fee is a race entry........that's a swift kick to the gonads
There's always worse things then dying

Woofentino Pugrossi

Hell even Road America isnt that steep.

$47/person for a gate fee? I'd just turn around and leave with an one fingered salute out the window. And I though BHF's gate fees were a bit high.
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

njracer

Quote from: MCRacer980 on April 30, 2010, 12:02:03 AM
- limited gate hours (7 - 10pm)

- $47 per person gate fee (!!!!!)

- $60 camping/electric fee

-they were extremely confused when asked about the "hard card" as advertised on the CCS website.

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt for now (first time hosting a club-level event), but I'd say there's significant room for improvement on how things are priced/handled to keep me coming back.

So if you want to race and get electric, you have to pay $107.00?!?!?!  I've been trying to get someone on the phone at NJMSP but I keep getting the voice mail.

njracer

So now I'm more confused..

A 2 day spectator pass is $27 but we (the show) have to pay $47??  Something is not right.

Back to the phone..

skiandclimb

Wow. That's pricey! Come race at Gateway....our gate fee is five bucks.
#730 CCS MW/GP
Pursuit Racing, The Backstopper's Org.
www.cyclehouseperformance.com - St. Louis, MO.
King Edward's Chicken and Fish- St. Louis, MO.
www.mcraracing.com

mikendzel

The price was so high because they needed to pay for 200 security guards to be rude to us all weekend.

Carnag3

$10 tent/trailer camping
$35 electricity
$27 or so for gate pass.

We split electricity among friends and split the cost.

Carnage
CCS EX #901
www.carnag3.com

Kuala76

Unfortunately I don't think NJMP had ANY IDEA what to expect from this series at their venue, I think someone must have really given them some inflated information :(.  I heard rumors that some folks were told there were going to be ONE THOUSAND SPECTATORS each day... at a club event...???  Was the $47 just racer fees? I thought spectators also had to pay that much?? Either way... it was ridiculous.  They had more 'parking attendants' and security than they had corner marshalls out there, and the couple times that I know of that security was actually required (fence jumpers) they NEVER showed on scene.  I also know there were some issues with 'local spectators' that were never addressed by security. 
Kumi
MARRC Corner Worker of the Year 2008
MARRC Vice President 2012
MARRC President 2013

Wes07

I had no issues with anything or any fee's. Rented a garage and room at the standard price and showed up at the gate well after 10pm friday and saturday and never was in any trouble at all... Go figure.
Wes Perry Ex. 352
Winner of 7 Championships in 2011
Sunwood Builders - Wayfair - Vortex - Dunlop - Motul

drew231506

Thought NJMP had their shit together for the most part.  They take that place seriously which i prefer over somewhere like summit.  NJ is constantly taking care of the track, blowing it, cleaning it, water trucks were out to dampen the dirt so it wouldnt blow onto the track.  They respond quickly to crashes.

However my problem is with the CCS officials over the weekend.  They did a piss poor job.  They called false starts that didn't exist and called it their policy not to fix it, even with video evidence.(2nd place to 27th, so lost contingency and registration fee) There were two white flags in some races, two checkered in others, one restart we were told we had 3 laps remaining and they threw the checkered after 2 laps.  They didnt address any of it at the riders meeting.

Was a bit of a cluster.  Despite all of that, I had an excellent time.  It was GREAT hanging out and meeting so many good people.  And i dig Thunderbolt.
CCS Expert# 13

antirich

I had a good time as well, but man, those grids where packed. Tough track to safely pass on.

I made the mistake of registering early to save a few $$. Gridded on row two. Learned on race one that was a BAD idea for someone with only one race weekend under my belt. Moved to the back for my other races, which was safer, but not that much fun. Seemed like a lot of red flags, especially compared to the NJMP race last year.

I heard  there was over 700 entries for this weekend? Can anyone verify that?

Amazing that with all that security, there still where quite a few A-holes flying through the pits. Quite a few unattended kids strolling around too, which I worry about. Just a matter of time I guess.

People got to remember that the State Police have the final word at that facility. If a kid gets seriously hurt, they will shut it down.