News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Do you get points if you crash?

Started by bill999s, April 17, 2010, 03:55:40 PM

bill999s

So I crashed in the kink on Sunday's Amateur SuperTwins race at CMP. CCS scored me with no points even though it seems to me I just came in last. If I'm right I got an eighth. So should I complain? Thanks

sasrocks

bill999s

Cowboy 6

You should have gotten points Bill.
C6

www.NeedGod.com  ....   www.TPOParts.com  ....   www.Christiansportbike.com.com ....  www.woodcraft-cfm.com ....  www.ebcbrakes.com ....www.baxleycompanies.com

123user

Did they restart the race?  If they did and you didn't restart, you get zero points

smoke54

no restart, crashed on lap 3 or 4 if i remember correctly.  scared me for him when i saw his front tire let go but i saw him getting up when i made turn 11.  how's the bike Bill?  see you at VIR!
tim

bill999s

I'm not sure what lap it was. I don't count em even when I don't crash. I really haven't checked the bike out yet. I know the right rear sets are gone. Front brake lever is sitting at 90 degrees. New body work is trashed. Exhaust is tweaked but not sure how much. I banged up my right leg pretty good. It's not broken but the whole thing swelled up and my right thigh and ankle are all sorts of interesting shades of purple and blue. Left hand middle finger has a small break but nothing too bad. Worst part about the whole damn thing is my wife saw this one. She's been dropping hints about the old man quitting. We'll just have to see how this plays out. Hey Joe. Is that you Tim?

smoke54

yep, it's me Bill.  it's hard to play it off with the wife when they witness the getoff!!  good luck with that!  i'd play the you have to get back on that horse card.
best luck,
tim

drew231506

The kink must have had sand on the track.  Had to be why we fell.
CCS Expert# 13

Jeff

Quote from: bill999s on April 17, 2010, 03:55:40 PM
So I crashed in the kink on Sunday's Amateur SuperTwins race at CMP. CCS scored me with no points even though it seems to me I just came in last. If I'm right I got an eighth. So should I complain? Thanks

Depending on how good you normally finish, having it not scored may be a help to you.  A last place or near last place kills your performance index..
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

bill999s

I hadn't thought about the performance index thing. But if I'm going after points just so I can get my white plate does it really matter. And really, when you're looking at the whole season isn't a point a point regardless of the performance index. Somebody educate me here. Supertwins and F40 I've been finishing 2nd to 4th. Other races anywhere from 4th to 10th, 11th.

I think the wife will be okay. I'm just trying not to say too much about it right now. You know, the old stick and the poop thing. I wasn't planning on any more racing till Memorial weekend at Summit anyway. But unless, the weather's crap or some other act of God happens, I'll be there. I really want that white plate.

It wasn't sand that took me out. I just ran out of room. It was either grab a bunch of front brake or hit the guy in front of me.

bill999s