News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

New Dunlop NTecs DOT'

Started by Rick Johnson 29, April 17, 2010, 09:41:45 AM

Rick Johnson 29

Anyone here run the new NTec Dot's that are made in the USA? The ones that are dropping to $360 a set. If so how were they? also how were they compared to the ones from last year? I haven't used either one but thinking about trying them since the price is dropping. Thanks for any advice.
Rick Johnson
Expert 29, ASRA 291, Wera 29
2011 SE Unlimited SS Champ                                                               
2011 2nd MA GTO,UnlimitedSB,SS,GP                                                   08 Suzuki GSXR 1000

Tornado Bait

Pretty sure the Ntec are only made in UK.  The new USA tires from the Buffalo plant are the Sportmax GP-A.  A lot of confusion comes in when you apply the D-211 generation nomenclature to either tire.  I just placed an order for 10 sets of tires.  All front Ntec with 5 rear Ntec and 5 rear GP-A. I had trouble making the Ntec rear last very long previous season, but can't say enough good things about the front.  Another difference I  heard about the USA and UK tire:  the UK tire is non-directional, but the USA tire is directional due to the angle of the belts in the carcass construction.  I've been able to get some extra wear out of the UK tires by flipping them when they still had enough tread depth to make it worth while.  You won't be able to do this with the USA tires.
Speed & Strength, BikeMaster, Vortex, E4S, Tucker Rocky
Cafe Racer Inc.
Tornado Bait Racing

Rick Johnson 29

Talked with a friend that ran them at AMA RA races this weekend. He said the were a little slick the first 2 laps but other then that they were good. And yes they are the GP-A's not Ntecs. Think I'll try the Ntecs first then the GP-A's so I can see the difference for myself having never run Dunlops.
Rick Johnson
2011 2nd MA GTO,UnlimitedSB,SS,GP                                                   08 Suzuki GSXR 1000

Sol Performance

I think I can chime in here.. I just registered but I wanted to let you guys know that I am the Dunlop Dealer. I will be at Heartland park this weekend with an arsenal of tires. Including both the D211 UK tires and the D211 AMA spec tires. Yeah it does get confusing to make sure we are talking about the same tire sometime. haha. Easiest way is just to say UK or AMA tire.

Please contact me with any questions you might have about the tires. Hope to see you this weekend.

Oscar Solis
Sol Performance
Dunlop Motorsports
solperformance@gmail.com

Tornado Bait

Quote from: Sol Performance on April 21, 2010, 08:12:14 AM
I think I can chime in here.. I just registered but I wanted to let you guys know that I am the Dunlop Dealer. I will be at Heartland park this weekend with an arsenal of tires. Including both the D211 UK tires and the D211 AMA spec tires. Yeah it does get confusing to make sure we are talking about the same tire sometime. haha. Easiest way is just to say UK or AMA tire.

Please contact me with any questions you might have about the tires. Hope to see you this weekend.

Will you be at all the CCS GP events or do you have a specific geographic area you serve?
Speed & Strength, BikeMaster, Vortex, E4S, Tucker Rocky
Cafe Racer Inc.
Tornado Bait Racing

Rick Johnson 29

Thanks Oscar, I'm running the SE region so I won't be out your way. I'm sending you a PM with a few question though.
Rick Johnson

mattg

I ran them this weekend, they're the 211 GP-A, not the NTEC.

I couldn't tell the difference, but I'm slow.