Someone took a break from racing and.....

Started by Gary#40, April 12, 2010, 06:59:45 PM

Gary#40

came back fast as a MOFO. Congrats to David Brown EX #111 on his results at CMP, got 1st, 2nd and 3rd on Sat and 1st, 1st and 1st on Sunday, (but was dq'd in post race tech on one of them). So 2 wins on Sunday. :thumb: :cheers:
Gary Elkins aka Shenanigans

MELK-MAN

tell ME about it! ..lol. I thought i had the heavywt races in the bag and along comes this silky smooth rider. I was like "wow.. if i could ride those lines i might be on to something at this track". I was leading another but took it TOO easy for a lap that i thought was the final lap.. zoom. he went by again. Was not thrilled to hear he got Dq'd for what i found out was a pretty minor deal but great riding .. I know the name "David Brown" now..
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

Gary#40

Brown said he enjoyed racing with you Greg. If we make it to Fla you can show him the fast way around. You Fla guys looked really good and had outstanding results.

Super Dave

Super Dave

MELK-MAN

no problem. Here is one of the first vids i actually got my camera to work on.. There is some oil on the lens i found later, so that is what distorts the view a bit, but still kinda cool if you have some time to kill . It is a Heavy wt race on Sunday. I led for a lap, then he slid on by at the end of lap 1 one when i went to 1st gear by accident. (he still would have come by at some point).. but he might get a kick outa seeing himself on vid anyway.

http://vholdr.com/video/carolina-motorsports-park-ccs-roadracing-melka-brown-hwsb-clip

You can really see he has a total handle on portions of the track like the carousel/turns 5-6-7.

Rick Johnson 29

Brown was definetly flying out there. Good job DB.
Greg you weren't slackin either, good job as well.
Rick Johnson
Expert 29, ASRA 291, Wera 29
2011 SE Unlimited SS Champ                                                               
2011 2nd MA GTO,UnlimitedSB,SS,GP                                                   08 Suzuki GSXR 1000

MELK-MAN

Quote from: Rick Johnson 29 on April 20, 2010, 11:58:19 AM
Brown was definetly flying out there. Good job DB.
Greg you weren't slackin either, good job as well.

Thanks Rick, i guess we were showing that the 40+ guys can "get'er done" !! I have the on board vid and his lines are awesome through the carousel turn 5-6-7.. something to try for next year!

Rick Johnson 29

Cool. I'm going to go watch it. I need to get through there faster.
Rick Johnson
2011 2nd MA GTO,UnlimitedSB,SS,GP                                                   08 Suzuki GSXR 1000

Rick Johnson 29

Greg a friend of mine us a piece of foam under his camera about 1 inch thick. That might also work for you.
Rick Johnson

Gary#40

Greg, I'm Shenanigans over on the WERA bbs, just so everyone knows. Maybe it will increase my "rep power" here.LOL

MELK-MAN

lol.. "if you say shenanigans one more time.. " (love super troopers).
Thanks Rick, something similar is the ONLY way i can get the Vholdr to record right, i wrapped it in bubble wrap then duct taped it. Looks like shit.. Would love to see a pic of how your friend mounts his..

Rick Johnson 29

RacerRuss Russ Proctor #610 is who I'm talking about. I believe he said you and him have chatted before. He was at Daytona racing with you. I don't have a pic. He has a small round camera about 1 inch by about 4 inches. He drilled a hole 1 inch or so in the nose of his upper about a inch or so above the flat part so the piece foam would fit under the camera then he drilled a few small holes on both sides of the foam on the flat part so he can just zip strap it down. I can't rember if he uses 1 or 2 zip straps but 2 is probally better. I not sure if you have this type of camera but this might work for other types as well. I think as long as it was strap down good. Hope this doesn't sound to confusing.
Rick Johnson