News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

i would like to take this time

Started by gonecrazy, April 03, 2010, 08:39:54 PM

ScubaSteve

also try Combined insurance. just like Aflac. cost $25 a month and they pay you for dr visits, hospital even rehab days. You also cant be dropped. After my hospital and rehab for my paralysis they payed up pretty good best 25 a month I spent
Steve

CCS FL

roadracer162

I have the Aflac accident policy as a supplemental to my medical insurance-I will let you know how it goes. No problems yet. There is also a hospitilization policy that ceratainly can be helpful.
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

Xpat2b

Race fan
Retired MARRC Cornerworker

Brandon.Parrish

Hey guys the RACERSurance site is just a test site. The link is not supposed to be active... Thanks for the plug though Kathy!  But for now please use http://RiderSurance.com.  I can answer all the questions above.  I am licensed in all 50 states and I have represented Aflac along with many other companies since 2003. 

Aflac currently has 3 different Accident plans in circulation

1-The first one introduced to the market was the Personal Accident Expense plan and was available in most states until 2004 and at that time they discontinued it and upgraded to the next plan.  It is still offered in about 3 states.  With all Aflac Accident policies if you have a plan they are guaranteed renewable so just because the plan is discontinued that does not mean your plan terminates...  Anyhow this policies exclusion reads:  Participating in any sport or activity for wage compensation or profit, or racing any type vehicle in an organized event.

2-The Personal Accident Indemnity plan was introduced in most states in 2006 to replace and be an upgraded plan for the Accident Expense plan and that policies exclusion states: Participating in any sport or sporting activity for wage, compensation, or profit, including officiating or coaching; or racing any type vehicle in an organized event. (so that includes corner worker)

3-The newest Accident Indemnity Advantage plan started being introduced on April 27th 2009.  Like all insurance plans they have to go through an approval process with each states department of insurance.  Currently the plan is only cleared in 34 states.  The cool part about this plan is that they have lifted the exclusion for extreme sports!!!  They are now the only supplemental insurer on the market that does not have these exclusions so I have been working with Aflac since January of 09 to create a platform to make online enrollment available to CCS.  Also Kevin Elliot w CCS/ASRA has agreed to allow Aflac to offer this plan at an association rate!  So once I get all the details worked out with Aflac I will be offering this plan in the approved states.  Stay tuned it is coming super soon!!!

Please email me for all questions in regards to health, life, disability, and Aflac.  Also always look at your specific policy for the exact details.
Brandon Parrish | AMA #295 CCS #295 WERA #8
RiderSurance.com is an action sports-friendly place to quote and apply for health, life, and disability insurance. The perk of this site is we only offer plans that do not have hobby or occupational exclusions specific to racing and riding.

alexm

R1Racer99

Does anyone know if ASRA would be considered "pro" to an insurance company versus a regular CCS race? I was thinking about doing a couple of these but that risk wouldn't be worth it if they would try to not cover it.

And Gonecrazy, glad to hear you're coming along okay, from what I heard and from looking at your bike that was a nasty wreck you had. Did your insurance company try to consider that a "pro" race considering Michelin paid purses even for us amateurs?

gonecrazy

no i didnt have any problems with my insurance..Yea i on a long road, still have a few more surgeries. I am hoping in the next few months i will be able to walk a few steps without crutches or any type of aid...

alexm

Quote from: gonecrazy on April 10, 2010, 04:33:10 AMYea i on a long road, still have a few more surgeries. I am hoping in the next few months i will be able to walk a few steps without crutches or any type of aid...

Best wishes for a speedy recovery man, time certainly helps.