News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

i would like to take this time

Started by gonecrazy, April 03, 2010, 08:39:54 PM

gonecrazy

To suddgest you mens and womens look into so sort of accidental issurance such as aflac before starting your season. The unfortunate does happen and being prepared doesnt hurt anything. Its inexpensive to have. Last october I was in a back wreeck and am still down from it, it will be another 6-8 months for me and then I still wont be anything like i was. Make sure you have your home life covered before you hit the track.

racenrub

What would this type of insurance be called so i don't flounder when i call to ask about it?
There's always worse things then dying

gonecrazy

Its just a accedental insurance in case something happens to where it will pay your bills while your down. I use to have it. when I had my accident I didnt and wish i did. Its great to have even on or off the track.

Ducmarc

it was on my desk on friday out off business that sunday wish i would have filled it out a week earlier.if i get serious again i'll be sure to have it .

LilJayRR

I've looked into Aflac before. When I talked to them, they said they would not cover you if you get hurt on a race track.

Jason Gibbens
Expert #62 Mid-Atlantic
2007 GTU Team Challenge Champions!
2009 ZX6R RnR Cycles, Repsol, Dunlop, Woodcraft

GSXR RACER MIKE

The Health Insurance I use to have said that we were NOT covered for any 'Professional Racing' related injuries. A guy I worked with was ice racing and got an injury which required minor medical attention, the insurance company initially denied him coverage because he was racing at a Professionally organized racing event (AMA). He told them that he was racing as an Amateur at that event and not a Pro, they actually contacted the racing organization and wanted to know the exact class he was racing in when he got injured - eventually the claim was covered.

But......He did find out that this insurance company considered ANY racing class which had a payout of ANY TYPE to be Professional - just because your getting paid (no matter if it's profitable for you or not). That company even considered contingency to be a payout worthy of denying coverage for any resulting injuries.

I read somewhere that some insurance companie(s) will offer 'racing only' coverage, or coverage that also covers you while racing (even professionally). Make sure when dealing with any insurance company that you know EXACTLY what you are and are not being covered for - make sure you have it in writing, and make sure they don't switch coverage on you later (like at policy renewal).
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

skiandclimb

Aflac paid out for Mike Akin, when he went down during The MCRA Challenge series in 08.  No $$$ was at stake, and therefore Aflac paid up.
#730 CCS MW/GP
Pursuit Racing, The Backstopper's Org.
www.cyclehouseperformance.com - St. Louis, MO.
King Edward's Chicken and Fish- St. Louis, MO.
www.mcraracing.com

LilJayRR

I looked into Aflac in 09 when the company I was working for at the time offered it. They said "any injury durany a race in a sanctioned event with a money purse or money to be won" would not be covered by them.

If they pay out great! I'm going of off what I was told when I called and inquired about it at the time. If they actaully pay out for club racing then it would be very nice to have for sure.
Jason Gibbens
Expert #62 Mid-Atlantic

gonecrazy

my health nsurance has paid out fine and im a little over 250,000 in medicals statements so far, I use to have supplemental on top of it through country insurance but they drop me because of my profession at renewal time.( Im a ironworker) but now aflac said they would cover me as long as it wasnt my profession at a pro level like has been said. CCS is actually a club level type racing since they dont have purse`s at every race. contigency is something different and is not always paid depending on grids.

LilJayRR

If they will pay great! We all need it.  :thumb:

I'm definitely in the need of more coverage. I've only had two injury's (broken bones in the hand and foot) one kept me out of work because I couldn't drive my company truck due to the liability's of my broken right ankle.  That is why I looked into it when it was offered by our company.

They are telling you something different than what they told me. I asked about club racing vs AMA pro and they just said any race that had money to be won basically disqualified you. Maybe that was just the customer service rep no knowing exactly what qualifies/disqualifies, or them trying to head off a claim.

I'll look into it again, because it sure can't hurt! it was fairly cheap too from what I remember.

Jason Gibbens
Expert #62 Mid-Atlantic

skiandclimb

Tom,

For what it's worth, Akin had to obtain a letter (think Ron G. wrote it) stating that the race he was competing in was not paying cash out.  After getting the letter, Aflac didn't bat an eye at paying Mike.  He was off duty for almost 6 months, BTW.  Aflac saved his arse, for sure!

-Kuhn
#730 CCS MW/GP
Pursuit Racing, The Backstopper's Org.
www.cyclehouseperformance.com - St. Louis, MO.
King Edward's Chicken and Fish- St. Louis, MO.
www.mcraracing.com

alexm

This is a great topic, anyone here have more information on accident insurance?