News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Warmth...

Started by Super Dave, April 10, 2003, 08:36:11 AM

Super Dave

Just made the anal racer move and ordered some Pro-Line Chicken Hawk Tire Warmers...

http://chickenhawkracing.com/

Give me digital controls...
Super Dave

EX#996

Nope - Not showing Paul this thread.  

We just bought the less fancy version of the Chicken Hawks from Tommy Mason.  Those will have to work for AT LEAST a year or two.  :o

Dawn   ;)
Paul and Dawn Buxton

GSXR RACER MIKE

QuoteJust made the anal racer move and ordered some Pro-Line Chicken Hawk Tire Warmers...

http://chickenhawkracing.com/

Give me digital controls...

Did you use tire warmers before that agricultural racing session on Sunday afternoon? I was just wondering if it was tire adhesion, suspension fluid being cold, or something else that forced your get-off. I went by as you were getting up and going over to the bike and wondered if you were having the same cold suspension issue as I was.
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

MightyDuc Racing

Quotethe anal racer

Uhhhh...something you're not telling us, Dave? :o

;D

MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM

Super Dave

LOL!  

After all these years, you start to get a bit anal...  "I want my bike to do THIS. And I don't like THIS."  I guess ya finally figure out what you really need and what you really want rather than just putting up with certain things.

I want to be able to have better direct control of my tire temp and the nomex will hold in the heat better.  That's what I wanted. 8)
Super Dave

Super Dave

QuoteDid you use tire warmers before that agricultural racing session on Sunday afternoon? I was just wondering if it was tire adhesion, suspension fluid being cold, or something else that forced your get-off. I went by as you were getting up and going over to the bike and wondered if you were having the same cold suspension issue as I was.

I had the tires on the warmer for a long time...and the shock warmer...and in the sun.  I think the shock finally got some heat into it so the lighter dampening allowed it to rebound REALLY fast, and then the tire broke loose.  I make a really hard change from right to left there.  

In Sportbike, I still had the issue in that corner for the warm up lap and the race.  But I'm sure I had the bike into the 14's?  Good enough to lead for a while.  But I really don't know as my new XT timer got ripped of in the fall.  (I'll blame the new timer for upsetting it all...LOL!)
Super Dave

GSXR RACER MIKE

Quote I make a really hard change from right to left there.  

But I really don't know as my new XT timer got ripped of in the fall.  (I'll blame the new timer for upsetting it all...LOL!)

I can go thru there decently myself and usually get held up a little if someone is right in front of me. I was getting some wild feedback when the suspension was cold, especially during the morning practice (I was only there on Sunday). The bike was handling so poorly the first time out in practice that I thought the front wheel was loose so I came in to hot pit lane to check it. I later figured out it was the fluid being cold, so I was careful on the warm-up laps before the races. I also had a really bad stutter in acceleration when changing throttle position and was lacking confidence because of it. I'm pretty sure that was from the carb's being gummed up from leaving fuel in it all winter and then racing with that same fuel, which was probably not good either!

The laptimer definately had to be the cause of your demise, it must have thrown off the central mass point of your bike and caused the loss of traction thru gravitational pull relocation  ;) ;D LOL.
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96