News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Going to VIR, watch the last Turn

Started by tbb10785, April 10, 2003, 04:53:04 AM

tbb10785

Hey Guys,

If you're going to VIR this weekend watch the inside edge of the track in the last corner.  See the text copied from the WERA BBS or go directly to the link for more info.  Hopefully this might keep at least on bike out of the mud  :-)

http://forums.13x.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=24455&perpage=30&highlight=rain%20director&pagenumber=3

quote:
------------------------------------------------------------Originally posted by Bruce Brown

Hey George,

I was the first rider off (black MZ Skorpion) and I played corner worker for the rest of the race. I helped pick up 3 of the 4 other bikes that fell in that corner making sure we got the bikes and ourselves behind the wall as quickly as possible.

I wish I would have corner worked all day instead of racing ;-)
This way I wouldn't have a bike to fix in the trailer.

FYI, I still think there was something on the track about 1 -2 feet out of the edge, but I'm just a typical racer looking for an excuse.

Bruce
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rain Director
Yeah, I'm that old!

Great job on getting everyone up and in a safe spot.

As far as a slick spot is concerned: I hung around Monday and played with the NESBA guys. After NESBA dried the track and allowed bikes on course, that is. (They lost track time doing this.) I saw a dark spot on the rack on/near the line through that corner, ran through it once and the bike wiggled. Lesson learned and I avoided the spot the remainder of the day. About 2 hours later, NESBA announced the wtaer was seeping through the track surface in that spot. Sure enough, some guys didn't understand what that meant and the rode through it and crashed.

Bottom line: There is an area in that corner that will seep water when the track is drying/dry. Obviously, it depends on the amount of rain received. There was a lot this past weekend, for sure.  

TreyBone

I was at VIR the first weekend in March for some testing and know exactly what you all are talking about. My rear stepped out a couple of times but no biggie. You can see the spot in plain site so just avoid it if you can.

tbb10785

QuoteI was at VIR the first weekend in March for some testing and know exactly what you all are talking about. My rear stepped out a couple of times but no biggie. You can see the spot in plain site so just avoid it if you can.

Maybe the officials could place an orange cone over the area.

Oh, it's tough to see this spot in the rain   :)  We had so much rain it was pushing up through the cracks like a spring.  FYI, all 5 of us were on full rain tires and still lost the front.  Funny, I survived racing in the rain at Daytona, collecting a 1st and 2nd with AHRMA, to drop the bike at VIR two weeks later, geez   ;D

bb