News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Road America practice

Started by GSXR RACER MIKE, April 09, 2003, 11:36:22 PM

GSXR RACER MIKE

I am assuming that as long as we are entered in at least one race during the event that we can take advantage of the Friday practice at no extra cost. The practice days that I did at R.A. a few years ago were extra $ to participate in them. I need to sign up for days off work and am wondering if I should take Friday off also to practice, even though I am not running any races on Friday.
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

K3 Chris Onwiler

I believe that you are correct, sir.  Friday is a race day, so those practices are available to all registered competitors.
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

Jeff

You are correct.  However, you need to remember that it's only 1/2 a day, and you'll likely only get out 2, maybe 3 times because of the length of the track and number of people there...
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

GSXR RACER MIKE

QuoteYou are correct.  However, you need to remember that it's only 1/2 a day, and you'll likely only get out 2, maybe 3 times because of the length of the track and number of people there...

I am aware of the somewhat small amount of on track time provided at Friday practice at R.A., but I am still getting up to speed after minimal track time over the last few seasons and could use the practice (but don't want to enter any more races). According to the schedule, practice will be from 8am - 2pm with races from 2pm - 5pm. With practice sessions being divided into 6 different groups that would allow three 15 minute sessions per group with 5 minutes between each track session.
     Thanks for the confirmation about practice being included at no extra cost on Friday.
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

Steviebee

yep  im screwed too.  really need practice.

At least at BFR i had two days of wet practice, so i knew wether it was a right of left turn next ??

Really wish there was a thursday practice.  
Guess thats what GT races are for !!