News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

midwest

Started by Ducmarc, February 18, 2010, 10:29:19 PM

Ducmarc

if i was to take the boss and the kids on a racecation out to the midwest this year what would be a nice track to come to.reasonable hotels, nice smooth layout, something to do afterwards. west of mid ohio

skiandclimb

Two words: Road America.  Nuff said!
#730 CCS MW/GP
Pursuit Racing, The Backstopper's Org.
www.cyclehouseperformance.com - St. Louis, MO.
King Edward's Chicken and Fish- St. Louis, MO.
www.mcraracing.com

red900

Road America, Blackhawk Farms, or Heartland Park....   
Dustin Boyd
Cyclepath Racing LLC
Midwest Race Supplier

Jason748

Road America - or Brainerd for a CRA race!  Brainerd (Baxter actaully) is kind of like a mini Wisconsin dells with a couple of waterparks, gokart tracks, etc... but cheaper and not as busy.
CCS MW/GP #82 am
CRA #82 am
07 CBR600RR
Two Brothers Powersports, Lithium Motorsports, RoadRacePrep.com

dylanfan53

For a more relaxed trackday, not race, I recommend Gingerman in South Haven Michigan which is closer to you.  On the east coast (Sunset Coast, we get the good views!) of Lake Michigan.  Smaller friendly resortish town with shopping and clean beaches for the family.  The track's about 7 miles due west of the town.
I'm going by where my wife likes to visit me at the track.  At the other places she says she had nothing to do.   
Don Cook
CCS #53

jigs

Road America...55 years of racing history,most baeutiful track in N.A......Town of Elkhart Lake right out of Norman Rockwell....no brainer.

GSXR RACER MIKE

Road America is a huge destination facility with a top speed race track in a beautiful surrounding (racing there is alot like Daytona, it's more about Hp than anything), plus the CCS event there in 2010 is a Midwest / Great Plaines / ASRA / Team Challenge weekend. A potential issue may be that it's on the July 2-4 holiday weekend, that may work for or against you schedule wise.

If you had an extended vacation and wanted to try 2 different tracks CCS has a Great Plaines event at Heartland Park the following weekend (July 10-11), It's a large facility and personally I think it's a fun track - but it definately has alot of concrete walls around the track!

Blackhawk Farms is my home track and I enjoy racing there, but it's definately a love it or hate it kind of place that has more of a smaller fun local track feel to it in my opinion.
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

dylanfan53

For racing, definitely can't beat Road America.
Don Cook
CCS #53

jigs

South Haven is really a cool beautiful town too.I remember my first time at Gingerman...we were staying at a Hotel downtown...got in late,couldn't get to sleep,2 am the bar emptied just below our room window and the party continued on the street till 4,my room mate snored like a Bull mastif till 6'.......crashed in turn 1 second session!! We just got the wrong room,nice place though.

NOBODY

Quote from: jigs on February 19, 2010, 03:19:43 PM
South Haven is really a cool beautiful town too.I remember my first time at Gingerman...we were staying at a Hotel downtown...got in late,couldn't get to sleep,2 am the bar emptied just below our room window and the party continued on the street till 4,my room mate snored like a Bull mastif till 6'.......crashed in turn 1 second session!! We just got the wrong room,nice place though.

Sleep deprivation and racing dont mix unless you are Farrell or Ortega, those guys are friggin machines.  Me, I crashed while in mid yawn  last year.

Super Dave

I might follow Jason's lead.  Road America has a lot to offer.  I'd probably look at the AHRMA weekend though as it's more of an eclectic mix.  Brainerd is kind of cool, and I think the area has a lot to offer.  How old are the kids?  Whatcha lookin' to do? 
Super Dave

motomaniac

Road America for sure! You'll never forget it.
Ex#61