Reciprocating destruction

Started by GSXR RACER MIKE, February 15, 2010, 11:50:41 AM

GSXR RACER MIKE

Here's some pictures I took of some destruction that happened when my brothers 1100 Hp Camaro had a rod bolt failure the last time he was at the Dragstrip. This happened when he was about 100 feet out, amazingly it didn't lock-up the engine - in fact the engine was still running and he had to shut it off! When the cylinder went dead it caused an immediate Nitrous/fuel build-up in the intake and spark managed to ignite it by sneaking past the dinged intake valve. Result: a huge fireball came out of the cowl intake on the hood and completely blocked his veiw for a couple seconds.

Also amazing is that the only damage to the engine was the oil pan, a valve, a connecting rod, and 1 piston - the crank and block were checked and there still good! All those parts in the oil pan were in there, no hard parts actually left the engine (just alot of oil).
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

duckracer996

I feel his pain!!!!! I actually had my super comp dragster brake a small end of a rod and wrap the rod around the crank pin once when I came off the trans brake! motor was still running which took out the rest of the block and both heads! That was expensive to say the least

Woofentino Pugrossi

Wouldnt had happened if he had a Mustang.:biggrin:
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

GSXR RACER MIKE

Quote from: Woofentino Pugrossi on February 16, 2010, 12:08:50 AM
Wouldnt had happened if he had a Mustang.:biggrin:

Ironically his street car is a limited edition Mach 1 Mustang.  :biggrin:

Noidly1

Quote from: GSXR RACER MIKE on February 16, 2010, 10:50:53 AM
Ironically his street car is a limited edition Mach 1 Mustang.  :biggrin:
Is that an LS motor , in a furd?
'08 R6, CCSGP44EX

GSXR RACER MIKE

Quote from: Noidly1 on February 16, 2010, 07:11:40 PMIs that an LS motor , in a furd?
It's a low 9 second '68 Camaro with a 509 Big Block.
Engine has about 800 Hp plus an additional 500 Hp Fogger NOS system (but only had it jetted at 300 Hp).

Noidly1

Mark 5? 6? can't tell by pan. doesn't look like a Mark 4.
'08 R6, CCSGP44EX

Ducmarc

i had a super stock b production car for about 15 years could have built a museum out of broken parts wish i had pictures of some of the fun. my partner was worse with his . i think i could write a book about those adventures. the best was breaking a zoom u joint and it flying across the pits and hitting the zoom trailer then the zoom guy comes down to try and give us an ass chewing. you don't do that to a bunch of WVA boys.

GSXR RACER MIKE

Quote from: Noidly1 on February 16, 2010, 11:02:39 PMMark 5? 6? can't tell by pan. doesn't look like a Mark 4.

Originally a Scott Shafiroff built Gen 6 motor.