News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

VIR Apr 12-13 - get there early!

Started by TrophyGal, April 09, 2003, 04:35:59 PM

TrophyGal

Heads up to everybody going to VIR this weekend.  Get to the gates before they close or you won't get in until morning.

Gate hours:
Thursday 4:30pm - midnight
Friday 7:00am - 10:00pm
Saturday 7:00am - 10:00pm
Sunday 7:00am - 2:00pm

New management changed some ways the gate sales are being handled for the weekend -- mostly the closing hour for Friday and Saturday nights.

They will be letting anyone who arrives before Midnight on Thursday in for camping.

Armband you buy from Thursday night is good for the weekend.  If you leave after the practice day (before 9:00am Sat. morn), you'll get a full refund.

Prices haven't changed:
$25 Thurs thru Sat.
$15 Sunday

See ya there!

motodirty

Where did you get your info?  I heard that they changed back to the normal way it was always run.  I seen it on this site.

FUBAR606

QuoteHeads up to everybody going to VIR this weekend.  Get to the gates before they close or you won't get in until morning.

Gate hours:
Thursday 4:30pm - midnight
Friday 7:00am - 10:00pm
Saturday 7:00am - 10:00pm
Sunday 7:00am - 2:00pm

New management changed some ways the gate sales are being handled for the weekend -- mostly the closing hour for Friday and Saturday nights.

They will be letting anyone who arrives before Midnight on Thursday in for camping.

Armband you buy from Thursday night is good for the weekend.  If you leave after the practice day (before 9:00am Sat. morn), you'll get a full refund.

Prices haven't changed:
$25 Thurs thru Sat.
$15 Sunday

See ya there!

How/when did you get this information ??? ???

Another board member and I had a discussion about this just a few days ago and this was his reply based on a response from VIR...

QuoteHere is the copy of the email that VIR sent me regarding the gate:

"Gate will be open all night.
Thanks
Jenifer
vir"

So that answers that question.

I do not know about the tires question though.

Kevin.

It shouldn't take each one of us calling VIR to get the scoop. Can ANYONE give a comfirmation based on first hand info?

TrophyGal

All I know is that they will stop selling armbands for us (CCS) at those hours.  No armband ... no entry.  If you have an armband - of course, you can get in all night.

This is Jeanne - your head clerk.

gixxerfever

Just got off the phone with Jennifer and gates will be open all night, Friday's practice is an open practice held by the folks at VIR NOT CCS.

CCS

Jean Wilkins, track rental coordinator for VIR, has informed us that the security guards will not be allowed to sell armbands all night long as they had in the past. We have arranged for the hours Jeanne Muse posted earlier in this thread, please expect them as the official times. IF you have an armband already, I have been told that they will allow you entry all night (whenever the guard is not on his rounds). BUT, from 10PM to 7AM, no band, no entry.

See you there.

Kevin Elliott
Director of Operations-CCS/ASRA
Fort Worth, TX
817-246-1127