Summit Point getting new surface!

Started by wadehead, January 18, 2010, 05:39:16 PM

wadehead

Just found out today.....Summit Main is getting resurfaced from the foundation up with a 2 week cure in March!  :pop:
#152 EX Mid Atlantic Region
Integrated Sports Medicine and Physical Therapy

SVbadguy

I've heard the same.   Good timing too.  I was planning not to race there again until they redo it properly.
Mid-Atlantic Region 
MARRC Exec Committee at-large & Radio Committee Chair

wadehead

I was going to skip it as well.  But now I will plan on being home from deployment in time for the May races!

XFACTOR

well it's about time!  finally.   I can now look forward to going there to race, I always like the facility but hated track conditions

badazz

Omgosh its about time this happened. This is what they should have done the last time!!! Now lets see how long it`ll take before it gets torn up by the cars....????..
#990 Mid-Atlantic Amateur 
KingStarsRacing

ahastings

Quote from: SVbadguy on January 18, 2010, 07:45:17 PM
I've heard the same.   Good timing too.  I was planning not to race there again until they redo it properly.
this from a guy planning to race at the Isle of Man..........................
Arnie
A&M Motorsports
Mid-Atlantic VP Fuel Vendor

SVbadguy

Quote from: ahastings on January 19, 2010, 09:32:38 PM
this from a guy planning to race at the Isle of Man..........................

It's not a safety thing.  It's more like why bother if I'm not chasing points and I don't have that good of a chance of improving on my best lap time.
Mid-Atlantic Region 
MARRC Exec Committee at-large & Radio Committee Chair

plasticweld

I just figured out how to get around the pot holes now and they want to screw it up and make it smooth, I am going to have to learn new lines all over again. Golf is not the only sport played in the ruff
EmpireGP.com
Sport Bike Plastic Welding, Custom Painting Tank Repair
Ride Hard Take Chances    We Need the Work!

CCS WERA #865

wadehead

I hope the track stays nice for a few months!  I can't wait to see how fast the super fast guys get with a smooth surface.