News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

twin sprints?

Started by AGerlach, April 08, 2003, 07:21:43 PM

Bernie

QuoteRA is a beautiful facility.:)

Fifty freakin bucks for CAMPING?  I would expect a lovely climate controlled bungalow for that kind of scratch.  Maid service, perhaps? :o

TreyBone

At Roebling this past weekend it was 260.00 bucks for 3 classes.   3 on sat and 3 on sunday

I just like the regular format. But hey!.... opinions are like a$$holes.  Everyone has one ;D

GSXR RACER MIKE

Several years ago I was at a practice day at Road America and ended up running into Roger Edmunson (who use to own CCS). I ended up eating lunch with him and the guy who ran Formula USA back then (forgot his name). Roger was rather openly honest with me and told me that it was something like $7000 per day to rent R.A., which comes to $21,000 for the 3 days. That may sound like alot of money till you look at the amount of money that is coming in from entries and gate fees. I am spending over $500 in fees myself and can't help but think that it would only take 41 other people entering 4 classes on Saturday and 4 again on Sunday to cover the entire cost of track rental. Including myself that would be 336 total entries (far less than the over 2000 entries they had last year at R.A.- actually in excess of 6 times more).
     I realize that there are also profits and operating costs for CCS involved, but even at the normal rates we usually pay per class at the other tracks the profit margin would still be quite impressive if used at the R.A. events also. I think it is somewhat of a slap in the face to make the R.A. event a twin sprint weekend with these higher rates, especially when a twin sprint event at any track will bring in more revenue than a normal race schedule event at the same track. I believe that greed is quite possibly the reason for the added fees at R.A. and not out of the necessity to cover costs associated with this event (I haven't seen 1 advertisement for this event at any motorcycle shop I have visited in the Rockford area, so I can't see justification for advertising expenses being the reason).
     Do I like Twin Sprint events? I suppose I do for something different, but not at inflated rates. The R.A. event (in my opinion) should either be a twin sprint event at regular rates or a normal schedule event at these inflated rates (if absolutely necessary to have the higher rates at all).
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

dahustler

QuoteJust one.  

For example, if you run Super Twins on both Saturday and Sunday, you would pay $70.00 for Saturday and the $55.00 for Sunday and each class after that.  However if it is a purse paying class it is $70.00 no matter what and it doesn't count as your first entry.
Dawn   :)

Actually the first entry is $70 and the rest are $55, for prereg. It is $100 and $75 for the rest for post reg. It doesn't matter if they are money races or not.  But, this is only for R.A. and Daytona.
David Vaughn
ccs mw ex#27
TrackdayMag.com Racing
Chitown Hustlers

tzracer

Not sure when you spoke to Roger, but I don't think CCS is paying $7000 per day for RA. For learning Curves to rent the track it is about $14,000 per day. CCS pays more than that.

For the price I am not sure I would call RA a beautiful facility (from a competitors point of view). There is only one bathroom on the premises with running water (built about 6 years ago), no garages, limited unreliable electricity (every time I have used it, I have had problems) and only half the paddock is fully paved. Daytona is cheaper than RA for CCS to rent and the facilities are much better - free garages, free electricity, access to recycling areas that include solvent sinks (at least when I was there in 1994).
Brian McLaughlin
http://www.redflagfund.org
Donate at http://www.donate.redflagfund.org

2 strokes smoke, 4 strokes choke

EX#996

QuoteActually the first entry is $70 and the rest are $55, for prereg. It is $100 and $75 for the rest for post reg. It doesn't matter if they are money races or not.  But, this is only for R.A. and Daytona.

Thanks Dave for clarifying that point between pre-registration and post registration.

Dawn   :)
Paul and Dawn Buxton

GSXR RACER MIKE

QuoteActually the first entry is $70 and the rest are $55, for prereg. It is $100 and $75 for the rest for post reg. It doesn't matter if they are money races or not.  But, this is only for R.A. and Daytona.

I too was somewhat misled on the entry fees and thought that the $ races were $70 each and then the other prices went from there. According to the '2003 Official Daytona and Road America Entry Mailer' under the 'Spring Road America Pre-entry Instructions' section it says "Entry fees are $70.00 for the first non-purse paying class entered on a weekend, $55.00 for each additional entry." Not listed is the charge for purse paying classes, so I assumed that it was the normal $70 per class and sent in my pre-entry at those rates, ooops! I just called CCS and they confirmed the $70 for the first class rate and $55 per class after that no matter if it is purse paying or not.

Posted by: tzracer Posted on: Today at 10:11am
Not sure when you spoke to Roger, but I don't think CCS is paying $7000 per day for RA. For learning Curves to rent the track it is about $14,000 per day. CCS pays more than that.

I spoke with Roger about 6 years ago and am really surprised that R.A. rental fees have more than doubled in that time! If this is the case then the race fees as corrected above would be more in line with those track rental fees and I was wrong with my previous statements about the excessive entry fees.

tzracer

I think it was 2 years ago at the riders meeting that Kevin E. announced that RA was more expensive for CCS to rent than Daytona.
Brian McLaughlin
http://www.redflagfund.org
Donate at http://www.donate.redflagfund.org

2 strokes smoke, 4 strokes choke

Jeff

Supply & Demand...  It's like why women rule the world...  They got it, we want it, they win...

But of course, CCE would never do anything perceived to be unethical.  Just look at their disassociation with radio stations accused of "payola"?!? ;-)

Yeah right!  

I'd like to see what the balance sheet is on CCS back to CCE.  I'm sure it does pretty well...
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

GSXR RACER MIKE

JeF4y - JeF four y - Jeffery. Call me slow, but I just noticed that connection. Just thought it was an abbreviation before using the fact that you have an F4, not a pronunciation of your name.  ;D

Jeff

;D A bunch of people dubbed me that when I got my F4, and it kinda stuck...  But it's funny because most people don't make the connection...

So in another week when I have the RR, then what?  JeF4RRy? lol...

http://www.cbr600rr.com/pages/close.htm

It's getting closer :-)
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

CCS

Yes, Jeff, you would be surpised to see the red ink on CCS's balance sheet to CCE for 2002. Yes some events are lucritive, but for everyone of those, there are a couple of races that lose. It is a balancing act.

Brian is close to the Rd Am rent, just a little short, then add $9,000 in purse, $4,500 in insurance, $30,000 for corner workers-staff-security, $3,000 for Airfence, $3500 for trophies, etc, etc, etc. Total cost is usually around $100,000 for the three days.

All-in-all, we enjoy racing at Road America, it is a great area and the staff of the facility are just as interested in helping us make the event work as we are. Remember last year, 8-10 of you got your mugs on TV, thanks to Cheryl Barnes of Rd Am.

Enough of that, we will see you at Seibken's on Thursday for early registration from 6-9pm.
Kevin Elliott
Director of Operations-CCS/ASRA
Fort Worth, TX
817-246-1127