How many race helmets do you have in your trophy case?

Started by spyderchick, December 09, 2009, 01:50:39 PM

funsizeracing

Six.  5 crashed, 1 retired.

4 of them are only scratched though, so I'm thinking about bringing them out of retirement  :biggrin:
Becka
CMRA EX #126
TipToes and TonkaTrucks Mini Endurance #75
CCS EX #126
www.caferacerinc.com
R&R Tool & Die Co.
www.ducatiomaha.com

DEVINC

Quote from: funsizeracing on December 09, 2009, 03:04:34 PM
Six.  5 crashed, 1 retired.

4 of them are only scratched though, so I'm thinking about bringing them out of retirement  :biggrin:

You might want to get them checked and recertified. Only problem is if it's an HJC, they won't do it.   :biggrin:

eboos

Question: Is my helmet ok?
Answer: No.
Reply: Yeah huh!

:biggrin:
LRRS #205 Novice
2000 Buell M2
2010 Sponsors: Precision HD/Buell, Precision Triumph, Boston Moto, Superbike Toy Store, Pilot, Braking, RK Chains

Russell2566

This past summer the EmpireGP Shop took a small truck load of retired helmets to a sand pit and used them for skeet shooting. We didn't realize how many we had until we started throwing them in the truck...

Shooting rifles and and pistols at a motorcycle helmet is extremely unimpressive. The bullet passes through like it's paper and doesn't event get deformed.

A shotgun on the other hand can throw a helmet a good 30 yards when hit with a side impact! The chin guards also provide a location for a good grip so you can really throw those suckers in the air despite their weight and size.

Sobottka

Lithium Motorsports
Suspension Solutions
http://www.facebook.com/team.chouffe

Xian_13

CCS/ASRA Midwest #140
Secondary Highway & Swift Molly's Motor Circus
facebook.com/SwiftMolly
Michelin • STT

Super Dave

Quote from: Xian_13 on December 09, 2009, 05:01:04 PM
8 on the wall.
5 crashed, 3 retired.

XIII
That's really cool!

Really haven't kept a lot of helmets.  I've sold the good ones after a period of time.  I do have two good wrecked ones.  One was from Daytona 2005 where I got hit in the back by a crashing rider.  Ruined that one.  Then I have my Bieffe helmet that I was wearing when I was knocked down and ran over (across my left kidney, back, neck and head), and it's crushed with tire tracks and blood.  Kind of neat, in a racing sort of way...LOL!  Used to use them in some school presentations that I did at the local elementary.

Super Dave

K3 Chris Onwiler

One day I realized how many thousand dollars were up there on the "trophy" shelf and threw them all away in anger.  Now when I ruin one, I cut the strap off and pitch it right there at the track.
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

tug296

Henry Madsen CCS Expert #396 
2004 Am. Super Twins Champion
Florida Region,  
Moto ST #96, Corvette #6, Patriot Guard Rider

Thingy

That is pretty sweet, X!  How did you hang them?

I think I am at 8.  Half good and half not.
-Bill Hitchcock
GP EX #13
Double Bravo Racing
'01 Ducati 748

Tuck your skirt in your panties and twist the throttle!

tstruyk

buying a new place in the spring... gonna have a wall of shame/fame, I really like that look X!!  for sure post up how you mounted them!

I'll have to look, I for sure have 3 left, one is about to be retired, only crash was a low side at 30 on cold tires, never hit the ground... just getting old.  I think Ive tossed all my old crashed one's unfortunately... 3 of em
CCS GP/ASRA  #85
2010 Sponsors: Lithium Motorsports, Probst Brothers Racing, Suspension Solutions, Pirelli, SBS, Vortex

"It is incredible what a rider filled with irrational desire can accomplish"

Farmboy

3 here, 2 Shoeis and 1 Vemar, all crashed. I'd like to hang them on the wall, but white helmets aren't all that cool. I just recently abandoned the trademark white lid for graphics. I miss my all-white lids.
Jim Berard CCS MW#904