Protective Gear Question

Started by Knightslugger, December 07, 2009, 12:26:58 AM

gpz11

So is this crash that you did / didn't damage your helmet in?

http://picasaweb.google.com/humphreycharlesa/BFRIntermediate61009#

I'd just replace the helmet. Use it on the street if you can't get rid of it.

Burt Munro

Quote from: tstruyk on December 08, 2009, 02:37:23 PM
youre gonna pass on the open bar sat and Breaking Benjamin/Poppa Roach/Sick Puppies sunday to hang out with dudes in Speedos?????
Yeah Timmay, that 12 step program on the Speedos hasn't really helped much yet.   :wah:
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

Burt Munro

Quote from: gpz11 on December 08, 2009, 08:22:35 PM

R'uh R'oh Reorge!   Busted!  :kicknuts:

Knightslugger

Quote from: gpz11 on December 08, 2009, 08:22:35 PM

That's the one.
Quote from: Burt Munro on December 08, 2009, 08:21:54 PM
Don'cha just love the off-season!  :thumb:

And Knightslugger, I look forward to meeting you next Spring.  I'll be sure to introduce you to my friend Larry Manor.  He's the Head Tech Inspector for the Midwest Region.  Just about everybody on this board has had the pleasure of having a friendly conversation or two with Larry.  Either in the Midwest Region or at Daytona. Larry's a real 'no grey area' kind of guy so you two should hit it off instantly!   :thumb:    :biggrin:

So basically you're telling me that no matter what i do at this point, you're here to ensure that i will never pass tech? i don't get it.
Quote from: Farmboy on December 08, 2009, 08:03:54 PM
Ah, so now it's a battle of wits. Be careful, I'm part Sicilian. However, I still don't get it. taken out at random?

So, you're 2 "R"s...  It's not disrespect, but rather, irreverence. Besides, someone as seemingly dumb as you must get this sort of thing all the time. Don't take it the wrong way; you might turn out to be a fun guy. You certainly are a glutton for abuse..

yes, at random.

Burt Munro

Just a leeetle beetie get off at Turn 6 huh?

Knightslugger

Quote from: Burt Munro on December 08, 2009, 08:45:18 PM

Just a leeetle beetie get off at Turn 6 huh?

no i believe i said i had a bad tumble.

Burt Munro

Quote from: Knightslugger on December 08, 2009, 08:44:29 PM
So basically you're telling me that no matter what i do at this point, you're here to ensure that i will never pass tech? i don't get it.

No, I don't operate that way.  Anyone here that knows me knows that I don't cut corners.   My job is to make sure racers are safe when they go out on the track.  If there is any question as to whether or not something is unsafe I ask for an interpretation from the Head Tech Official.  

If I knowingly stickered your bike/gear as being race ready and it wasn't, and then that questionable safety issue contributed to you or someone else being injured, I would quit.  I wouldn't be able to live with myself.

Knightslugger

so why all the gloom and doom from the other members, including yourself?

I'm not sure if i should be threatened or what...

Burt Munro

I wouldn't call it doom and gloom.  To me it's more about being realistic.  Last thing I want to do is to have you show up for a race and get upset because 'that guy on the CCS board told me my helmet was ok.'  I'm not about to give you a definitive answer on a helmet that I've only seen a picture of.

Seriously, since you did that Track Day at Blackhawk I'm guessing you live reasonably close to the track.  Their are a ton of very experienced racers that live in southern Wisconsin and northern Illinois.  Feel free to post up here where you live and I bet I can put you together with an Expert racer who lives near you whose opinion we both could trust.  Or, if you prefer, PM or email me the info and we can keep everyone else out of it.

Me and just about every other Tech guy I've ever worked with has gone out of our way a time or two to help get a guy on the Track - within the rule book.  We are not the enemy!!!

We're about helping people race and enjoy it enough to keep coming back.  The people who work the races know that without racers we don't have races to go to.  We don't get rich working races.  We're there because we enjoy it.  The friendships I have made thru racing are some of the best I've ever made.

I know we got off track from your original intent - whether or not your helmet would pass race Tech.

If you're really interested in getting an unbiased opinion, lets see if we can get you one that will have you ready to pass Tech without any drama or headaches.

Rick

Knightslugger

Farmboy

Quote from: Knightslugger on December 08, 2009, 08:44:29 PM
yes, at random.

Well gee, I can think of quite a few random word pairings which can also be found in the dictionary. Any takers on this?

KS, by all means, don't let anyone here discourage you from your plans. I don't want to miss out on getting the chance to know you better. you are one funny MF'er!
Jim Berard CCS MW#904

Knightslugger

me too, i'm glad my finger didn't land on them paging through the dictionary!

because i told myself whatever fate decides for me is what i'm sticking with.