Does Daytona Feb 26-28th 2010 race weekend count for points for the MA region?

Started by Carnag3, December 06, 2009, 07:01:29 PM

MotoHick

Eric, what's your point? Why have you guys decided to issue points (especially double points) towards regional championships? I'm confident I already know the answer but maybe I'm wrong - enlighten us.

Eye-p

So, that means that these regions do include Daytona as a points paying round:

Northeast
Mid-Atlantic
Southeast
Florida

Is that correct?

From Washington DC, which is right in the middle of the MA region, this is going to be a 795 miles trip, one way. 
Jason Levitt
Full Spectrum Power
www.speed-cell.com

XFACTOR

I've talked to some Mid-Atlantic guys that I raced with and against last year. No one is taking the Daytona trip.  It's too early in the year, too far and most importantly, too expensive. 2 months into the year I have to use a weeks vacation....no thanks.     

Eye-p

Quote from: XFACTOR on December 09, 2009, 03:22:51 PM
I've talked to some Mid-Atlantic guys that I raced with and against last year. No one is taking the Daytona trip.  It's too early in the year, too far and most importantly, too expensive. 2 months into the year I have to use a weeks vacation....no thanks.     

Im certainly not, nor is anyone else I pit with.
What id baffling to me is that this has always been a point of contention. Dig through threads about this subject in years past and you have the same reaction.

I am planning on doing plenty of riding next year, just like last year, and years before that- the difference is that this year I am going to stay in the Mid-Atlantic region exclusively.
If that means doing some WERA weekends in addition to CCS, than so be it. I can run 3 regional events for what it would cost me to go to Daytona.
Jason Levitt
Full Spectrum Power
www.speed-cell.com

smoke54

Daytona-742 miles from  Breaux Bridge, Louisiana for SE competitor, VIR-962 miles, CMP-826 miles, Roebling-735 miles, Jennings-562.  WTF was i thinking?:)

racing! :)
tim

bel-biv

I think Daytona is regarded by many to be one of motorcycle racing's Valhallas. 
Maybe moreso in the past, but the track has its place in racing history; surely more than any other track we compete at. 

I would argue that it should count for all regions, but not as double points.
The guys that want to race there will go, but most of us will not.
How much will that really play into regional championships?
Probably not much more than someone deciding to run all race events in a given region; as most of us won't do that either.

At some point, I want to race at Daytona.
But its more of a bucket list thing than anything else for me.
Its Daytona.  Its unique.  Its historical.  It should count.
Steve #176

www.patriotracing.us
Making a difference through motorsports.

Full Spectrum Power | Innovative Motorcycle Research | Cornerspeed | Orient Express | BG Oil | Online Paddock | On The Throttle

ahastings

Quote from: Eric Kelcher on December 09, 2009, 11:42:14 AM
There are 5 regions along the east coast from north to south they would be, Northeast, Atlantic, Mid-Atlantic, Southeast, and Florida. The Atlantic region does not include Daytona( or Barber and CMP)
Thats fine, but be honest making Daytona double points for the midatlantic region is all about trying to get people to go down there that wouldnt otherwise, its not about having a realistic regional series. With 5 regions on the east coast it would seem that you guys should be able to tighten up the regions and therefore encourage more people to chase regional championships. MidAtlantic should be Summit,vir and njmp; Atlantic- njmp and loudon; southeast-cmp,barber,daytona,roebling ; Florida,well that is self explanatory. The economy is bad so why spread out the regions?
Arnie
A&M Motorsports
Mid-Atlantic VP Fuel Vendor

Gixxerblade

Quote from: Eye-p on December 09, 2009, 03:44:14 PM
Im certainly not, nor is anyone else I pit with.
What id baffling to me is that this has always been a point of contention. Dig through threads about this subject in years past and you have the same reaction.

I am planning on doing plenty of riding next year, just like last year, and years before that- the difference is that this year I am going to stay in the Mid-Atlantic region exclusively.
If that means doing some WERA weekends in addition to CCS, than so be it. I can run 3 regional events for what it would cost me to go to Daytona.
Jason does have a point. You can goto 3 MA rounds for the cost of one Daytona.
Steve-It's really not worth it and it plays havoc on your engine.

Garywc

I agree with Arnie.
Daytona is too far away to be in the mid atlantic, plus its too expensive and its a shitty track. Ihave raced it way to many times and think they should just flatten it out and make more parking spaces for the mall across the street.

the worst part is that I will be there again and racing it again
but i am going to try to not go next season to save some money
CCS/ASRA #77
AMA #776
http://www.eastcoastsupertwins.com
Monmouth Cycles,Woodcraft, bel-ray,AXO

bel-biv

Quote from: Gixxerblade on December 10, 2009, 06:14:42 PM
Jason does have a point. You can goto 3 MA rounds for the cost of one Daytona.
Steve-It's really not worth it and it plays havoc on your engine.

No argument there, Steve.
But before I hang up my spurs I want to race there - even if only once
Gonna have to make it down to Willow Downs one of these days....
Steve #176

www.patriotracing.us
Making a difference through motorsports.

Full Spectrum Power | Innovative Motorcycle Research | Cornerspeed | Orient Express | BG Oil | Online Paddock | On The Throttle

2old2fat2slow

I am going. I will be crying like a little girl all the way down and back but I really want to ride that track and double points is enough incentive to me.
Thanks to:Lithium Motorsports, Vondari Racing, Continental Tires of North America, Absolute Cycle, RaceConti,Next Level Motorsports, Mize Mobile, Vortex, Woodcraft

Noidly1

I just checked and it would be just a tad over 1,000 miles. @ 10 mpg that's $300 each way.
So $600 for travel, $4-500+ for lodging, $100+ for food n drink, $100 for race gas and $350 for tires.
Add entry fees, credentials n whatever else your looking at over $2,000.

As much as I would like to go there, it's just not worth it to me...
'08 R6, CCSGP44EX