Does Daytona Feb 26-28th 2010 race weekend count for points for the MA region?

Started by Carnag3, December 06, 2009, 07:01:29 PM

backMARKr

Quote from: Noidly1 on December 10, 2009, 11:24:27 PM
I just checked and it would be just a tad over 1,000 miles. @ 10 mpg that's $300 each way.
So $600 for travel, $4-500+ for lodging, $100+ for food n drink, $100 for race gas and $350 for tires.
Add entry fees, credentials n whatever else your looking at over $2,000.

As much as I would like to go there, it's just not worth it to me...

based on the numbers I have been given from those who go there regulary....$2K is conservative.

NFC Racin',Woodcraft, Pitbull,M4, SUDCO,Bridgestone
WERA #13

MotoHick

I promise you, $2000 is very conservative, especially if Noidly1 is on a 600 or a 1K. Better bump that tire estimate up a bit.

backMARKr

Quote from: MotoHick on December 11, 2009, 11:30:45 AM
I promise you, $2000 is very conservative, especially if Noidly1 is on a 600 or a 1K. Better bump that tire estimate up a bit.

and then there is the falling down factor to add to it........ :kicknuts:
NFC Racin',Woodcraft, Pitbull,M4, SUDCO,Bridgestone
WERA #13

tstruyk

yeah I hear daytona eats tires... and I can tell you this if I am going to go ALL that way down there I am gonna race as many races as I can.  I would triple the tire budget... at least

and if your running VP... you might wanna bump your est race gas consumption.  I would think Daytona eats up the gas too  :biggrin:

Hey Noid you get the tank sliders for that bad boy?  I'd hate for you to go 2 for 2 on bikes that caught fire!  :ahhh:
CCS GP/ASRA  #85
2010 Sponsors: Lithium Motorsports, Probst Brothers Racing, Suspension Solutions, Pirelli, SBS, Vortex

"It is incredible what a rider filled with irrational desire can accomplish"

Noidly1

Ahhh... Feeling the love.

Quote from: MotoHick on December 11, 2009, 11:30:45 AM

I'm not sure how to take that.

Quote from: backMARKr on December 11, 2009, 11:51:13 AM
and then there is the falling down factor to add to it........ :kicknuts:

Hey now, play nice Mark. :finger:

Quote from: tstruyk on December 11, 2009, 12:03:07 PM
yeah I hear daytona eats tires... and I can tell you this if I am going to go ALL that way down there I am gonna race as many races as I can.  I would triple the tire budget... at least

and if your running VP... you might wanna bump your est race gas consumption.  I would think Daytona eats up the gas too  :biggrin:

Hey Noid you get the tank sliders for that bad boy?  I'd hate for you to go 2 for 2 on bikes that caught fire!  :ahhh:

Ouch...  Not funny Timmay. But no, I havent found any yet, don't know where to get 'em. I've heard they are a bit pricey though.
Heck, I can save $ and go get some swivel casters and mount 'em all over.  :thumb:
'08 R6, CCSGP44EX

gixxerzoli

Daytoooonaaa hmmm.....in 2003 i was there watching the AMA200 and made my point. "I wanna race on this track"
After couple of years of trackdays I started racing and guess what...that was Daytona. My biggest dream achieved.
Since than I always take the appertunityto go there and be apart of Daytona much as i can.
Also COME ON guys!!! Everybodys crying... You suppose to be THE RACER. Starw for some tracktime, race...
After october no more riding for us. 4 months without riding makes me almost sick. Im pretty sure im not the only one.
So stop crying! If you are real racer you will be there anyway. If not,...oh well...
By the way,...anybody knows witch layout gonna be now? The traditional or the "new AMA"?
We should vote!?
Kevin, Eric??

Gixxerblade

I did two Daytonas at around $3k a piece. That was enough for me. It eats tires, gas, motors, and little babies. :ass: :wah: :cheers: