News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Poll.

Started by Noidly1, December 02, 2009, 10:28:18 PM

How many of you would like to see the merging of the Midwest and Great Plains regions.

Yes
6 (12.5%)
No
23 (47.9%)
Don't care
19 (39.6%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Jason748

Quote from: backMARKr on December 03, 2009, 03:23:44 PM
OH YEAH....going to BIR in July..( BARTLETT HERE I COME AND I'M BRINGIN LONNY WITH ME!)

Lonny's coming up!  :thumb:  what's he going to race?  Don't let him bring the little 2-smokes...
CCS MW/GP #82 am
CRA #82 am
07 CBR600RR
Two Brothers Powersports, Lithium Motorsports, RoadRacePrep.com

backMARKr

Quote from: Jason748 on December 06, 2009, 07:12:22 PM
Lonny's coming up!  :thumb:  what's he going to race?  Don't let him bring the little 2-smokes...

He got the 7fiddy back from Bill H....the orange Zuk makes its triumphant return in 2010....
NFC Racin',Woodcraft, Pitbull,M4, SUDCO,Bridgestone
WERA #13

twilkinson3

I agree with Truckstops thoughts - I might make it to HPT once this year due to having extended family in the area but a ACC/bluegrass/grattan date or 2 would be far more preferable to the long haul to HPT or Gateway

trace33chargers

I'm all for an event at Autobahn South or Grattan or even Gingerman. I just don't like the thought of a 7.5+ hour drive to HPT. Gateway really isn't too terribly far if you are in the Chicago area or NW Illinois/SE Iowa, but its the safety there that I don't like. Love Gateway as far as riding goes, don't love those big concrete things you find right next to the track (my friend tells me they are called walls. Why would walls be on or near a racetrack?)

Noidly1

Quote from: trace33chargers on December 23, 2009, 12:59:45 PMLove Gateway as far as riding goes, don't love those big concrete things you find right next to the track (my friend tells me they are called walls. Why would walls be on or near a racetrack?)
Those are just to help you stay on the track. :thumb:
'08 R6, CCSGP44EX

backMARKr

Quote from: Noidly1 on December 24, 2009, 04:17:35 PM
Those are just to help you stay on the track. :thumb:

YEAH!!  Like bumpers on a pool table......lol

good one Noid :lmao:
NFC Racin',Woodcraft, Pitbull,M4, SUDCO,Bridgestone
WERA #13

tstruyk

For me its split down the middle so I 'm making my own schedule.  Championships dont mean that much to me... it would be nice but the financial outlay and inconvenience's outweigh the trophy (most likely literally).

The great plains has a great group of racers and some of the best people in the world but the simple truth is that the numbers are dwindling and if something doesnt change soon the GP region will be shut down.  Frankly i was suprised to see it on the schedule.

The GW events are succesful from a practice/trackday perspective and the MCRA will insure that racing continues at GIR...

I see what Noid's after and I agree that it would ultimately benefit the GP racers most, however if you want better grids noid just race the MW schedule.  you still get to run GIR and HPT.  You just get to go to BFR 7 times a year.

I'm running all the combined stuff (ok maybe most, I dont have the schedule in front of me, ok I do im just too lazy to cross reference it) then sprinkling in some wera at Barber and Road Atlanta and then shooting up to Brainard in July also (maybe carpool mark?)

Racing in the GP only events is frustrating as the entries are just flat out low... If i'm paying to race I want to actually race more than one or 2 other guys! I fell in love with this sport in 05 racing in 40+ bike grids, cant remember the last time I saw even half that...
CCS GP/ASRA  #85
2010 Sponsors: Lithium Motorsports, Probst Brothers Racing, Suspension Solutions, Pirelli, SBS, Vortex

"It is incredible what a rider filled with irrational desire can accomplish"