Poll.

Started by Noidly1, December 02, 2009, 10:28:18 PM

How many of you would like to see the merging of the Midwest and Great Plains regions.

Yes
6 (12.5%)
No
23 (47.9%)
Don't care
19 (39.6%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Noidly1

Being the fact that both the Midwest and the Great Plains regions race at the same tracks except Blackhawk, who would like to see both regions merged?

My thought on this is;
If the racers that race at Blackhawk in the Midwest region go to all of the tracks in the Great Plains region,
then why separate the ones that race in the GP region from Blackhawk.

If you look at the tentative schedule below;

Apr  24-25 Heartland Park **    Combined
May 22-23 Blackhawk Farms     MW
May 29-30 Heartland Park @    GP
Jun  12-13 Gateway Int.          Combined
July    3-4  Rd America**         Combined
July 10-11 Heartland Park        GP
July 24-25 Blackhawk Farms     MW
Aug 14-15 Gateway Int.          GP
Aug 21-22 Blackhawk Farms     MW
Sep 11-12 Heartland Park *     Combined
Sep 25-26 Blackhawk Farms*   MW

The dates do not conflict and would most likely provide a better turnout..

If there are any reasons Not to merge, I would like to hear them.
'08 R6, CCSGP44EX

racrx451

that's a lot of events especially in these times...  to win a championship you have to go to every event and with that many events, it could put a damper on the season.  I know when I raced every event in 2007 in the Great Plains (8 events plus 2 trips to daytona), I was traveling 8 hours to some events by myself just to get points and It made for a tough season. 
'08 Ducati 848

CCS/ASRA #451

Noidly1

True. maybe it would work if 1 HPT and 1 BHF event was dropped to make it 9.
Maybe something to think about for 2011.

Big Q; though, Why no combined events at BHF?
'08 R6, CCSGP44EX

roadracer162

This doesn't affect me in anyway but I would like to comment. Thi is the direct opposite of what the North Florida WERA racers are asking for where the NF region was not scheduled until active effort asking for their stand alone region.

A shorter schedule of racing is a little more affordable than the 11 race schedule. I know there is also the argument that all racers would be in the same predicament in running all 11 races instead of the 7, and said racer would have to make a choice on which he attended and which event he would skip.

The benefits of either way is speculative and I am not sure which is better for everyone. I would think keeping it seperate gives a rider that has the funds to race all the events a chance to win two regional championships in two different regions. On the other side of things the one region would give a bigger field of riders to compete against.

Would it change the amount of praticipation?
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

Andi

I prefer the shorter schedule as the travel would really add up along with the expenses and time away from work. It would be nice to have a few different tracks in the mix like we had in 08. Both regions need to be stand alone. It gives people a championship to shoot for without needing a large fortune to get one. Not to mention with that many races it takes a lot of the fun out of it. People could only afford a portion of them and would only race that portion.

f3racer

if i had deep pockets it would be good for me to have them combined but i dont, so racing great plains is much more affordable.
Will
Former CCS MW Novice #81, WERA Novice #81
AHRMA Heavyweight SBK #81, DD's Racing Endurance Team #773
2020 Tuono Factory, 2000 RC51, 1980 CB750/823

skiandclimb

Shorter schedule for me, please!  I like the two seperate regions. If someone wants to run both, as it is-they already can, due to no conflicts.  Theres no way I could run all those events....wish I could, but I'd like to stay married! lol
#730 CCS MW/GP
Pursuit Racing, The Backstopper's Org.
www.cyclehouseperformance.com - St. Louis, MO.
King Edward's Chicken and Fish- St. Louis, MO.
www.mcraracing.com

truckstop

I don't think it would change much. People who live near BHF/RA (which I'm pulling out of my keister that a pretty high percentage of MW racers do) don't often go to Heartland Park or Gateway anyway. Making the season longer and adding more HPT dates to the Midwest region wouldn't change anything. The travel/time off expense to get to HPT just doesn't make it worth it. We made it to HPT twice this year, but have no plans of going back any time soon - not because we dislike the track, but it's just too far/too expensive.

I like the other idea better of cutting HPT and Gateway from the MW schedule and adding someplace like Grattan, ACC, or even Bluegrass. We have a 6 hour travel threshold. (Although I would maybe break that to go to Mid-Ohio again.)

If people don't have money to race, it makes more sense to compact the region, not spread it out more.

That said, Road America probably shouldn't be on the GP schedule, but people love that track for some reason and are willing to travel for it.

Andi

Quote from: truckstop on December 03, 2009, 11:59:26 AM
I don't think it would change much. People who live near BHF/RA (which I'm pulling out of my keister that a pretty high percentage of MW racers do) don't often go to Heartland Park or Gateway anyway. Making the season longer and adding more HPT dates to the Midwest region wouldn't change anything. The travel/time off expense to get to HPT just doesn't make it worth it. We made it to HPT twice this year, but have no plans of going back any time soon - not because we dislike the track, but it's just too far/too expensive.

I like the other idea better of cutting HPT and Gateway from the MW schedule and adding someplace like Grattan, ACC, or even Bluegrass. We have a 6 hour travel threshold. (Although I would maybe break that to go to Mid-Ohio again.)

If people don't have money to race, it makes more sense to compact the region, not spread it out more.

That said, Road America probably shouldn't be on the GP schedule, but people love that track for some reason and are willing to travel for it.

You get my vote...whatever that's worth

RoyHefner

What Truckstop said.

I like Heartland and don't really want to see it completely eliminated from the MW schedule, but the two visits this year were a stretch.  Anything more would probably not be possible for me.  Once a year would be my preference, and add one or two of the tracks that Jen  mentioned.
Roy Hefner
CCS / ASRA  #163
J.O.S. Motorsports, MCC, Pirelli, Vortex, Silkolene

backMARKr

Ultimately the proposal only benefits the GP region ....region.....region ( hear the echo? :biggrin:) in an attempt to draw the MW riders there.

And it seems that the MW riders have pretty much voiced their opinions about Gateway....and HPT is too far for most.

I think the question has been answered.

I personally don't care as I'm going south in February to race while everyone is waiting for April and I have no intention of going back to HPT anytime soon.

OH YEAH....going to BIR in July..( BARTLETT HERE I COME AND I'M BRINGIN LONNY WITH ME!)

FISH ON!
NFC Racin',Woodcraft, Pitbull,M4, SUDCO,Bridgestone
WERA #13

Noidly1

Ok, now I undrestand eveyones side, poll closed.

Less races, less traveling, Got it.

'08 R6, CCSGP44EX

Jason748

Quote from: backMARKr on December 03, 2009, 03:23:44 PM
OH YEAH....going to BIR in July..( BARTLETT HERE I COME AND I'M BRINGIN LONNY WITH ME!)

Lonny's coming up!  :thumb:  what's he going to race?  Don't let him bring the little 2-smokes...
CCS MW/GP #82 am
CRA #82 am
07 CBR600RR
Two Brothers Powersports, Lithium Motorsports, RoadRacePrep.com

backMARKr

Quote from: Jason748 on December 06, 2009, 07:12:22 PM
Lonny's coming up!  :thumb:  what's he going to race?  Don't let him bring the little 2-smokes...

He got the 7fiddy back from Bill H....the orange Zuk makes its triumphant return in 2010....
WERA #13

twilkinson3

I agree with Truckstops thoughts - I might make it to HPT once this year due to having extended family in the area but a ACC/bluegrass/grattan date or 2 would be far more preferable to the long haul to HPT or Gateway

trace33chargers

I'm all for an event at Autobahn South or Grattan or even Gingerman. I just don't like the thought of a 7.5+ hour drive to HPT. Gateway really isn't too terribly far if you are in the Chicago area or NW Illinois/SE Iowa, but its the safety there that I don't like. Love Gateway as far as riding goes, don't love those big concrete things you find right next to the track (my friend tells me they are called walls. Why would walls be on or near a racetrack?)

Noidly1

Quote from: trace33chargers on December 23, 2009, 12:59:45 PMLove Gateway as far as riding goes, don't love those big concrete things you find right next to the track (my friend tells me they are called walls. Why would walls be on or near a racetrack?)
Those are just to help you stay on the track. :thumb:
'08 R6, CCSGP44EX

backMARKr

Quote from: Noidly1 on December 24, 2009, 04:17:35 PM
Those are just to help you stay on the track. :thumb:

YEAH!!  Like bumpers on a pool table......lol

good one Noid :lmao:
WERA #13

tstruyk

For me its split down the middle so I 'm making my own schedule.  Championships dont mean that much to me... it would be nice but the financial outlay and inconvenience's outweigh the trophy (most likely literally).

The great plains has a great group of racers and some of the best people in the world but the simple truth is that the numbers are dwindling and if something doesnt change soon the GP region will be shut down.  Frankly i was suprised to see it on the schedule.

The GW events are succesful from a practice/trackday perspective and the MCRA will insure that racing continues at GIR...

I see what Noid's after and I agree that it would ultimately benefit the GP racers most, however if you want better grids noid just race the MW schedule.  you still get to run GIR and HPT.  You just get to go to BFR 7 times a year.

I'm running all the combined stuff (ok maybe most, I dont have the schedule in front of me, ok I do im just too lazy to cross reference it) then sprinkling in some wera at Barber and Road Atlanta and then shooting up to Brainard in July also (maybe carpool mark?)

Racing in the GP only events is frustrating as the entries are just flat out low... If i'm paying to race I want to actually race more than one or 2 other guys! I fell in love with this sport in 05 racing in 40+ bike grids, cant remember the last time I saw even half that...
CCS GP/ASRA  #85
2010 Sponsors: Lithium Motorsports, Probst Brothers Racing, Suspension Solutions, Pirelli, SBS, Vortex

"It is incredible what a rider filled with irrational desire can accomplish"