News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Cornerworking at MAM

Started by CRA_Mike, April 08, 2003, 08:40:48 AM

CRA_Mike

The CRA will be racing at MidAmerica Motorplex this coming weekend (4/11-13).  I'll be one of three F&C chiefs for the CRA organizing the corner staff for our weekend.

Formula USA will be running there at the end of May, and CCS in July.  We've done a lot of work recently trying to recruit corner workers for the CRA and MAM in the Des Moines/Omaha/Council Bluffs areas, and we'll be coordinating with Elias (I've forgotten his last name), the MAM corner crew chief, to try to build up a corner staff for that track.

I guess I'm offering to work with anyone in F-USA/CCS to try to keep the corner staffing rolling in the local MAM area.  Let me know if you have questions about working MAM, or if you want local worker contacts, and I'll try to work with Elias to keep the worker recruits interested in working there for the benefit of all motorcycle racing.

We also got a chance to see the new eighth-mile drag strip in action, and even though it is parallel to the front straight with only a low armco barrier between the drag stip and the straight, we didn't see anything to really concern us about dual operations there.  At least not with the street cars we saw running ...