News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

DAYTONA 2010 FEB RACE BIKE PREP QUESTIONS ?

Started by livharder, November 24, 2009, 06:32:35 AM

livharder

I want to register for the coming 2010 daytona AM races.(i've raced in canada a few years back) i have a 2008 honda cbr1000rr (stock bodywork with hand made belly pan and regular safety wires). can you please just help me with bike prep. what realy needs safety wired, where and how to install racing numbers and number plates. what classes can i enter (45 years old). anything you can help me with will be greatly appreciated cause i will be on a tight schedule and wont have time to run around in the paddocks to get things done at the last minute. i also checked the rules for ccs but i would like your input just to make sure i will be ready.

DEVINC

Unlimited supersport/superbike/gp, GTO
Those are CCS specific classes you can enter with a 1000. I don't think there are anymore?

The main safety wiring you have to have done is Oil drain, oil filter, and oil filler cap. I think that is all that CCS "requires" BUT it is best to do the other things if possible. (axle nuts, front axle pinch bolts, radiator cap, on and on and on)

MELK-MAN

may want to post pics of the hand made belly pan.. if it is a turkey basting pan it won't hold up, so i assume you made something stronger than that to combat the huge wind force that Daytona would put on it. Pic would be good though.
There would be only 4 classes you could enter i think. GTO, Unl. supersport, Unlim. superbike, and Unlim. GP. Can't do formula 40 on a 1000.
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

DEVINC

Quote from: livharder on November 24, 2009, 06:32:35 AM
anything you can help me with will be greatly appreciated cause i will be on a tight schedule and wont have time to run around in the paddocks to get things done at the last minute. 

I've never been, but I heard at Daytona, nobody has much time at all. At least on the bike.

MELK-MAN

Quote from: DEVINC on November 24, 2009, 01:43:59 PM

I've never been, but I heard at Daytona, nobody has much time at all. At least on the bike.

??
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

Carnag3

The 2010 races in Feb. does it ocunt for regional points also or only for SE?
Carnage
CCS EX #901
www.carnag3.com

Eye-p

Jason Levitt
Full Spectrum Power
www.speed-cell.com

DEVINC

Quote from: MELK-MAN on November 24, 2009, 06:03:19 PM
??

I just have been told that you don't get much seat time compared to most other race weekends. Not trying to say I know or how it is. Just what i've been told. I would like to go though. Good luck to you "livharder"  8)

roadracer162

Quote from: Carnag3 on November 25, 2009, 07:24:27 PM
The 2010 races in Feb. does it ocunt for regional points also or only for SE?

Points are awarded for Florida and Southeast at tleast it was for 2009.
http://www.ccsracing.us/schedules/2009/schedule.html

Devin- you are spoiled with the Florida Region running practice on Saturday as part of the weekend. The track also puts on a track day on Friday before the Saturday practice. Most other regions run morning practice and then race in the afternoon just as it is at Daytona.

I don't recall the other regions that will be similar to Florida with Saturday practice and Sunday race day. I do believe that this schedule is helpful to the beginner and improving racer that may not have the bucks for a stand-alone track day but can get some time in the seat and valuable pit time with bike set-up. I learn many things with tire pressures and what I like for my riding style and not just what others say.

Mark
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

DEVINC

I see. Didn't mean to sound negative in any way so... cool. I'm glad we have the Fla. schedule like it is.

roadracer162

I didn't take your comments negatively but I think Daytona may be closer to what the rest of the regions run.

Mark
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.