News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Seat Wyatt

Started by TZDeSioux, April 07, 2003, 08:24:30 PM

TZDeSioux

how was your first time on the TZ? How did you do? Do tell your experience.  :) I'm curious as all hell..

Nate R

Nate Reik
MotoSliders, LLC
www.motosliders.com
Missing my SV :-(

TZDeSioux

I think he's #29 but not sure.

Nate R

Yeah, I saw him out there on the TZ. I think he had some problems with it. I saw him later in one of my races in T1, but it didn't look like he crashed. I think he had running probs.
Nate Reik
MotoSliders, LLC
www.motosliders.com

TZDeSioux

That's too bad... but I suppose it comes with the territory. It's a pain in the ass bike to setup a good baseline as far as jetting goes on those bikes. I hope he's got everything sorted out for Road America.
Nate.. you should really consider racing at RA. It will teach you things that you can apply at blackhawk and there's no track like it.

Nate R

I'll have to see how money goes. But, the way it looks right now, I'd think I'd rather just do 4 races/sunday at BHF. I may not have many bills yet, but I'm also low on income  :-/

I'd LIKE to go, but I dunno.  

There is a possibility of me doing a team challenge with my uncle in August on his F4i, though.
Nate Reik
MotoSliders, LLC
www.motosliders.com

SliderPhoto

Yeah, I talked to Sean this past weekend. He was having some problems. One race he got gridded and it wouldn't start no matter what he tried. He was obviously frustrated. I saw the bike cutting out in 6 too, but overall I think he said he had a good time but yeah, not everything went smooth. :(

motomadness

Although I had limited seat time due to the weather, and the bike didn't even get turned over for the first time until I made it to the track, I think I enjoyed my learning experience with my first TZ.

It will definitely require a mastery of multiple controls to ride the bike well.  That whole lack of idle thing played poorly against the need for some new brake pads.  I did several rolling stalls during the races that played poorly into kicking @ss at the track.  Everyone better look out once I get it done.  I think it wasn't until Sunday when I actually started enjoying myself and really hanging it out there.

The TZ is definitely where it's at: power and handling are by far superior to my old Aprilia RS250.  Nuff said.

I just wanted to thank a few people:
- Desioux for answering all of my pre-race weekend questions
- Mark Stiles, Doc Stein and Brian (from LCR) for letting my hit them up for assistance on whatever was on my mind at the track
- Super Dave, Visionsports Riding Schools,  for all of the bench racing discussions and for helping me tune the rebound on the forks.  I don't think I ever went around BHF as smoothly.
- Brian Baker and Dave Ebben for letting me and my teammate Chris borrow canopy space the entire weekend
- Jason from BRP for supplying those awesome Bridgestone rains.

See you all at RA.

spyderchick

:( I made you so pretty... :D
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

Dawn

Quote:( I made you so pretty... :D

Alexa made a lot of people look good.  She put Paul's name on and also added length and more room in the sleeves (Paul is just a big goon  ;)).  The suit both fit great and looked great.

Thanks Jack for the great pictures.

Dawn  ;)

motomadness

Sorry Alexa.

Yes, you definitely made me look good.  Now my white helmet actually blends into my color scheme.

Thank again.

spyderchick

It's all good Monsta. I was just joshin' at ya.  ;)

Dawn, Paul's not a big goon. Roadracers can't be goons. He's "impressive". It's all in the verbage ya know.  ;D
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".