News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Summit Point closing??

Started by The Speedy Carrot, November 08, 2009, 02:45:15 PM

The Speedy Carrot

Heard thru the grapevine that summit point will be closing as of 2010. Anyone else hear this rumor? Confirm/deny???
CCS Am # 371

Rick Beggs

RICK BEGGS
RnRCycles VPLubricants TuckerPowerSports FullSpectrumPower MotoLiberty RSTaichi AraiHelmet EBCBrakes EvansCoolant EVS DIDChains MaacoSterling ArmourBodies LextekMotorcycle WoolichRacing Woodcraft JTSprockets ZeroGravityRacing PitBull Lapking ChickenHawk PodiumMotorsportsPirelli

tzracer

Did you try giving them a call?
Brian McLaughlin
http://www.redflagfund.org
Donate at http://www.donate.redflagfund.org

2 strokes smoke, 4 strokes choke

Rick Beggs

Just spoke to them, they are scheduling dates and have no plans to close
RICK BEGGS
RnRCycles VPLubricants TuckerPowerSports FullSpectrumPower MotoLiberty RSTaichi AraiHelmet EBCBrakes EvansCoolant EVS DIDChains MaacoSterling ArmourBodies LextekMotorcycle WoolichRacing Woodcraft JTSprockets ZeroGravityRacing PitBull Lapking ChickenHawk PodiumMotorsportsPirelli

Cowboy 6

Quote from: The Speedy Carrot on November 08, 2009, 02:45:15 PM
Heard thru the grapevine that summit point will be closing as of 2010. Anyone else hear this rumor? Confirm/deny???

I think you need to pull up your grapes.... The vine of which you speak is worthless....
C6

www.NeedGod.com  ....   www.TPOParts.com  ....   www.Christiansportbike.com.com ....  www.woodcraft-cfm.com ....  www.ebcbrakes.com ....www.baxleycompanies.com

The Speedy Carrot

Good to know. Like I said, it was a rumor and I just heard it yesterday. I was going to call them this morning but I'm glad someone else beat me to it and got the facts straight.
CCS Am # 371

honda60071

Maybe they should for a year and re due the track again, and this time let it cure! :preachon:
Shawn

Russell2566

I thought the best way to get a good racing surface was to run a car race the day after you resurface so they can smooth it out and cut down on the need for a steam roller.

mikendzel

Quote from: Russell2566 on November 11, 2009, 03:10:49 PM
I thought the best way to get a good racing surface was to run a car race the day after you resurface so they can smooth it out and cut down on the need for a steam roller.

Russ,
Everybody knows the proper way is to get it broken in is to have the paving company's dump trucks race around the track before you let the asphalt cool!!!  At least that's what the paving guys at Wendy's in Charles Town said they did when they paved it in 2007....   :wtf:   Idiots.

Carnag3

Carnage
CCS EX #901
www.carnag3.com

Gixxerblade

wadehead

If Summit Point took the same care for their track as well lets say VIR, NJMP it would be awesome to ride on!  As for the 2010 season I might just skip it and spend the extra money for gas going else where!  Just my .02
#152 EX Mid Atlantic Region
Integrated Sports Medicine and Physical Therapy