News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Question for Super_Dave

Started by FUBAR606, April 07, 2003, 06:37:53 PM

FUBAR606

Dave,

You seem to be a pretty knowledgable fella, so I thought I would throw a question your way to see if you can share some insight...

I'm not sure if you know VIR ???, but based on your experience I will assume you do and hope for the best. I have a front wheel shake problem right after the start/finish line (near the exit of the pit lane) where the track bends to the right and slightly dips down. I have had some really close calls there because of this and have never completely worked out a solution. I know it is because the front gets light from the dip in the track, but I am not sure what to do to correct it. I have made fork and shock adjustments, but never fixed the problem. I have even shifted my weight all the way to the front of the bike (damn near had my crouch on top of the tank)  :o, all to no avail. I know there must be some adjustment that can be made to compensate for this without it blowing my setup for the rest of the track (which all feels good).

I have a Penske shock, and Race Tech gold valved forks. My wheels are not bent. My tires have been good and properly inflated. I do not have a loose steering head. My dampner is not too tight or too loose. I am not over gripping the clip ons. (this is a partial list of previously offered advice).

The only way I have been able to get it to settle is to roll off the throttle thus shifting weight back to the front, which of course is not what I want to do.

Any suggestions you can make would be appreciated. I am heading that way on Thursday and want to due some testing at Friday's practice.

I look forward to hearing from you. :)

FUBAR606

Hey Dave...you out there?

Or anyone else that cares to take a shot at this issue...

Super Dave

Short on time...(job, kids, wife...)

e-mail me...visionsprt@netwurx.net
Super Dave

FUBAR606

QuoteShort on time...(job, kids, wife...)

e-mail me...visionsprt@netwurx.net

Done...