News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

RA practice on friday?

Started by AGerlach, April 07, 2003, 06:29:01 PM

AGerlach

Does anyone know if or who is hold a practice day on friday for the RA race in april?

Steviebee

the friday practice is run by CCS with GT races in the afternoon.

Go check the scedules.

Its a twin sprint event. Sprint racing sat and sun.

sdiver68

Real Question is does anyone have a Thursday track day?
MCRA Race School Instructor

TZDeSioux

Steve.. I hope so.. I took Thursday off so I can work the bugs off my brand spanking new bike that will finally arrive at my work this week. Last year.. Team Hammer had a track day. I hope there is something arranged this year too. I need it. :)

Steviebee

Your talking about Road America ??

Team Hammer only has a day at Road Atlanta.

TZDeSioux

Steviebee... Team Hammer had a track day at Road America on the Thursday before the CCS weekend last year.

Steviebee

bummer, i'm gong to RA for the first time and really would like that extra day to learn the track.

I did my first race this wekend, at BHF for the first time, and the thursday and friday practice where enough to let me learn the track for a 7th in AM GTO !!!

Course i pre-entered so i started on the front row.  Which i pre-entered for RA so i guess ill be on the front row again.  

I got passed by like 5 guys on the first lap, before i came up to speed to hold off the onlsaught.

K3 Chris Onwiler

For all you new guys, here's the scoop on RA.  Your track time will be so limited that you won't really ever get to know the track well.  Practice will be about 3-4 laps per session, and you'll exit at turn 5 instead of taking a full cooldown lap, so you'll see much less of the back half of the track. If previous years are anything to go by, the schedule will be changed several times a day.  If you can't hear a speaker, you'll very likely miss some of the scarce practice time you will actually be allowed.
Enter the GT races just to get some track time.  The sprints are only 4 laps, and classes are usually combined in such a way that slow bikes will be lapped by fast bikes in each race, thus costing the slower bikes one of their precious laps.
Think you were cold at Blackhawk?  You go faster for longer at RA, so you get colder.  Then there is the freezing fog...  The place is so big that you often have wet conditions on some parts of the track when it is dry in other places.  Tire choice is a darned if you don't, darned if you do deal.
Camping, electricity and food all cost more at RA, so bring at least $100 more dollars than you think you will need.
When all is said and done, Road America is one very cool place to race.  Bring the tallest gears you have.  2 teeth up on the front from Blackhawk is a decent starting point; adjust from there.  Fill the tank every time you go out, because you won't believe how much gas the bike eats on those long straights.
Fun, fun, fun!!!
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

Pierre - Team PMR

K3 - thanks for the scoop!  
Pierre Montsion
Team PMR
CCS EX# 280

sdiver68

LOL K3...spot on for April RA!

With all that, it's still a hellava track!  :)

MCRA Race School Instructor