The Edgar Report

Started by K3 Chris Onwiler, April 07, 2003, 02:31:54 PM

K3 Chris Onwiler

Unfortunately, there's not much to report.  It would seem that after an entire winter of ice racing, our hero decided not to come to the opening round at Blackhawk because it would be cold and slippery.  Several theories were offered, but as yet, none have been substantiated.  
The first rumor was that Edgar was still having trouble installing the SV1000 motor in his 650 chassis.  Others speculated that Edgar, realizing his twelve-year stint as an amateur had taken him as far as he would ever go, quietly wrapped himself in 50 yards of shrink wrap and shipped himself back to Nicaragua.
Perhaps the rumor with the most truth to it was that Edgar just got tired of getting whupped by heavyset guys on old bikes.  Circumstances that unfolded during the weekend indicated that this might be the case.  After challenging K3 to a gunfight in Middleweight GP, Edgar was nowhere to be seen at the appointed hour.  K3 appeared, ZX6R slung low on his hip, but there was no sign of his foe.  When interviewed afterward, K3 said, "I'm really disappointed.  I ended up fighting it out with 5 bike Mike instead, but he's just too nice a guy to run off the road..."
Although bikeless for this round, Casper was also in attendance.  He too showed frustration at Edgar's absence.  It was rumored that he and K3 went into Beloit Saturday night and beat up a bussboy at Alvarez Tacos just to calm their frustration, but as of Sunday, details were unavailable.
In the lightweight classes, Edgar wasn't really missed.  Jessie and Blake kept Ed Key honest, but if history is to be our guide, Edgar has never been able to keep up with them anyway.  Said Jessie, "Edgar who?"
So the search goes on.  Anyone with information about Mr. Dorn's whereabouts is urged to call the U.S. Department of Immigration.
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

spyderchick

Well, judging from the "shrink wrap" incident last year, Mr. Billy Casper should be listed as a suspect in any hanky panky.  ;) Like all card carrying juvie d's, he's got the video to prove it. :o

So, was it foul play, or was Edgar just plain fowl. Brawkkk, brawkkk, braw, braw brawkkkk ;D
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

TZDeSioux

So... who won LWGP?  >:(

Dawn

LOL!!!!

Oh my goodness!!!!  I am laughing sooo hard I almost have tears in my eyes!  

Dawn   ;D

Protein Filled

Hey, someone kidnapped me for the whole week! I can't believe this!!! I just got out this morning...All I know is that it was 3 guys from Chicago.

Nah, but seriously, bike was not ready and the weather was not helping, Damn 1300 cc overbore kit was not a drop in like the instructions said!!! So I ended up having to stay in my cold garage trying to get the bike ready for this weekend at Mid-America with CRA. It sucked not to be there with you guys, but the weather.com website kept letting me know how bad the weather was... ;D At least I know you did not get any faster. ;)

Hey, remind Jessie that he finished 3rd a few times to 2 particular Numbskullz... ;D ;D

Oh, yeah. Hey Brian, at least I know who won LWGP...it was Poggiali. Oh, no..wait that's 250GP. Oh well...
Edgar Dorn #81 - Numbskullz Racing, Mason Racin Tires, Michelin, Lithium Motorsports

Don't give up on your dreams! If an illiterate like K3 can write a book, imagine what you can do!

TZDeSioux

Poggiali?? He's so damn lucky West held off the two Jap wildcards at bay for so many laps. Did you see how much faster that Aprilia was compared to even Porto's bike? Crazy I tell you... crazy!  :)

Protein Filled

Yeah, but still a hell of a ride for a first time in that class. I think that he will go far.

Those japanese wild cards get to do so many laps around Suzuka...that it's not a surprise when they win.

Back to the original thread...Don't worry K3, I'll be at the next Blackhawk for sure ready for payback, both you and Casper are going to see me going past in the inside of 3 like so many times before...I have set my goal for Blackhawk for this year: 1:16.99

Shouldn't be a problem with a 160 hp SV! ;D ;D ;D
Edgar Dorn #81 - Numbskullz Racing, Mason Racin Tires, Michelin, Lithium Motorsports

Don't give up on your dreams! If an illiterate like K3 can write a book, imagine what you can do!

K3 Chris Onwiler

QuoteBack to the original thread...Don't worry K3, I'll be at the next Blackhawk for sure.

I have set my goal for Blackhawk for this year: 1:16.99

Shouldn't be a problem with a 160 hp SV! ;D ;D ;D
I'm not worried.  Your presence shouldn't really effect my finishing position either way, but you'll probably end up bumping some poor guy out of his first top-thirty position.

Looks like you only need to find six seconds to make your goal...

You had 165 hp last year!  What, did you de-tune it?
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"

Protein Filled

Hey, cmon, we all know the times I did a 22 was when I was bumped off the track by either you or the little white ghost.

Oh, yeah, BTW, how did you do? did you get that ZX1700RR ro run well? It's so cool how you can fit it in that frame. At least you won't ever have to worry about an after race top 3 tech inspection... ;D

K3 Chris Onwiler

My bike ALWAYS passes teardown.  I keep $100 bills taped to the airbox, and they've never failed me yet! ;D
I got a fifth (first expert wood!) and a ninth.  Since the ninth was in MWGP, I figure you would have been around ninteenth if you had shown up...