News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Did Yates hit him on purpose?

Started by Dave_Alexander, April 07, 2003, 01:08:01 PM

Dave_Alexander

It looked to me like Aaron Yates intentionally ran into a privateer during practice.  They showed the replay before the race on Saturday.  It must have been during qualifying.  Yates came around a corner on a hot lap and found a privateer right where he wanted to be.  He slammed his tank with his fist in frustration and then proceeded to pull up alongside the other rider and side swipe him in anger.  Did anyone else see it that way?  I also read that Yates hurt his knee by bumping into another rider.  I wonder if that was the same incident?

MightyDuc Racing

We had a big discussion about this on another board.  I am a Yates fan, but that was obvious, and I think the only way to put a stop to shit like that is suspension.  Start suspending these factory guys for a race or two and knock them out of the championship for it and I bet they quit that crap.  As a new racer that aspires to race in the AMA, seeing an incident like that makes me think twice about it.  Do  I really want to tap out my financial resources and give it my all to get out there and be treated like that by guys that don't have to pay for repairs if they take both of us out?  How quickly these guys forget that they wouldn't have a job if there were no privateers.  Nobody wants pay big dollars and travel to see an 8 bike race.  Just my .02.
MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM

MightyDuc Racing

And the worst part...Sadowski (being an ex-factory rider) actually made light of it and acted like it was okay to do.  If that was me, I'd be sure to be in the way when the actual race came around....maybe even go slow late in the race so I could get in the way at a crucial time maybe even twice...either that or do a karate kick like in Road Rash...lol...that'll make 'em think twice the next time. ;D
MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM

Super_KC124

I'm a Yates fan also, but it was practice fer christ sakes. Double AA Ron needs to chill! :P

TZDeSioux

Super_KC124

QuoteYeah before Kevin woops his ass!
Hey, I'm a lover not a fighter!  :-*

the_weggie_man

Surprised that Yates did that but not surprised by Sadowski's reaction, Dave was a very dirty rider in his time. Pulled all kinds of crap on the track. As a CCS and AMA official I had words with him a few times.

TZDeSioux

It's sad that such a hugely talented rider has to pull crap like that. By the way.. that was J.J. Roetlin that he side swapped ON PURPOSE. I hate it when my favorite riders pull such crap moves like that.  :-/

Baltobuell

Banging people out of the way happens with those guys. It freaks me out, but they seem to take it in stride. Yates put a friend of mine down and he laughingly says it 's the most TV time he ever had. But I know from the tone he would like to choke him.
 I believe stuff happens on track all the time. Everybody screws up. But intentional stuff should be penalized big time. Reckless endangerment is the same on or off track no matter who you are. anywhere else and he would be in jail. He should at least have to sit out a few races so he can grow up. What the heck are the officials thinking by not suspending him?