News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Expert WOOD

Started by Jeff, April 07, 2003, 06:38:27 AM

Jeff

;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

So my goal for the WHOLE YEAR was to land 1 expert wood.  Who'd have thought I'd double that in the first weekend  8)

I'm my own hero...

First, I manage to rebuild a motor and have it actually RUN.

Second, I manage to hold my own (at least in a few races) against the top experts, taking 4th place in MWGP and 5th place in MWSB.

In my race report, I'll tell you how I went from 3rd to 5th in SB.  It's all part of racing, but the one that got away were the 2 spots in that race!  

Yeah, I know...  They won't all be like this, but dang, I had a great time and amazed myself.  Track conditions like they were, and I was running .1 seconds slower than my personal record on the track...

Looking forward to some HEAT!

Oh, and CONGRATS to everyone else who went out this weekend and battled the cold and each other!  
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

sdiver68

Great job Jeff!  You were going good in MWSB!  I didnt see MWGP....but congrats on the wood!

Man is it tough to pass "up there"...especially with the conditions this weekend always making you wonder if that extra ooomph for the pass would be the mistake that finally let the cold tires let go  :o

Myself, I managed to land 1 spot out of the wood and another couple of top 10's...but 2 of them paid and I made $200 back :)

Oh yeah, and it was the final 2 races before I matched last years times but feeling good about getting the rust out :)
MCRA Race School Instructor

TZDeSioux

Congratulations fellas! I'm envious!  :)

Jeff

QuoteMan is it tough to pass "up there"...especially with the conditions this weekend always making you wonder if that extra ooomph for the pass would be the mistake that finally let the cold tires let go  :o

That's what put me from 3rd to 5th in SB :-)

Russ Voight FLEW past me into turn 4.  I mean, like I was standing still type fast.  I wondered how he'd make that turn, and well, he didn't.

The rear went around on him and his bike was pinwheeling right in front of me.  I had to check up to miss it, which put me back from the 1-2 bikes.  Then Baker got around me and I blew turn 7 trying to get past him which let Purk by me too.

2 definite lessons learned this weekend.

1.  Starts are 3/4 of the race
2.  Tiny mistakes are very costly

Used to be that you could mess up pretty bad and it didn't cost you spots, or if it did, you could get them back.  No more...
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

spyderchick

Dooood...you da man! :D congrats!
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

tigerblade

Sounds like a great weekend!  Congrats!  
Younger Oil Racing

The man with the $200K spine...

KBOlsen

Way to go, Jeff!!!!   Congratulations!   :D :D
CCS AM 815... or was that 158?

DanO966

DanO CCS/WERA/AMA/ASRA #966
Convergence Technologies/MD Racing
'12 Yamaha R6
'11 Yamaha R6

MightyDuc Racing

Great job...congrats!  Sounds like you need some loftier goals! ;D
MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM

sdiver68

Man, starts are at least 3/4ths of the race and I'm terrible at them :(

Time to hit the dragstrip for sure....!  Like you said...I sucked last year at starts also and it was no big deal...but now...

Well, no more BHF for me this year.  I am jealous of the nice Mid-West home track you all have now
MCRA Race School Instructor

Dawn

QuoteWell, no more BHF for me this year.  I am jealous of the nice Mid-West home track you all have now

Steve:

Say it isn't so.  You need to come up for a few more dates!  

Dawn   :)

Chef

Big brother Jeff,  :)
you did Great ! and you looked Great too, it was really good to see you and your family again !!! Jennifer is the best too...

Good to see everyone again !!! and the Newbies were even too cool!

One big happy Family, i wouldnt like to be in ANY crowds, but this one !!!

oh, and you new EXPERTS "showed" up !!!
no doubt you guys are ready, I'm proud for you all......
and i'm surely pullin for you all...
40. Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate, but powerful beyond measure. We were all meant to shine, as children do. When our light shines, we liberate others.