Thoughts and Prayers to OmniGLH

Started by sdiver68, April 07, 2003, 06:21:27 AM

Super Dave

It looked cool.  (Not as cool as OmniGLH's green Suzuki...[that's why you crashed!])

Reminded me of some of the Lucky Strike Suzuki's that were ran in WSB in the early 90's.  Way cool!
Super Dave

dave333

QuoteHopefully that p.o.s.

Huh? P.O.S.??  I don't like the idea of crashing cause of someone else, but that is a risk all of us take ANY time we are out there.  This is a contact sport, at triple digits.  Hello in there, Duc!!!

Heal soon Jim...

Bernie

QuoteOrder that bone stuff ASAP.  It will work miracles.   

What bone stuff?!?!?  Don't hold out on the rest of us please! ;D  I've been taking all sorts of bone and joint supplements, but haven't found any miracles for my stubborn injuries.

Super Dave

http://www.seacoastvitamins.com/EthicalNutrients/bonebuilder5.html

It's called MCHC normally, but I can't spell what that is.  

One of my instructors is a labratory scientist.  He pointed me to it when I broke my hand, racing related but not while racing.  I went back to the doctor after two weeks, the bone was pretty much healed.  He used it himself for a broken bone.  Jason D'Amico, a guy that was instructing with me, got in a horrific street bike accident.  I don't even think they found is patella...

Anyway, multiple fractures, internal injuries, etc.  He wasn't supposed to ride or maybe even walk again.  He's riding and instructing.  The doctors are pretty dumbfounded by it.  
Super Dave

K3 Chris Onwiler

Man, that whole getting hit thing sucks.  I understand how it can happen in a race, but in practice it should not happen at all.
I've been hit by amateurs while I was still wearing my shirt and hit by experts when I would try to pass them in a combined race.  I think there are a few idiots out there who can't stand the thought of someone less experienced being faster, so they behave poorly.  This will never be a problem for me, because I recognise that the only way for me to be the fastest it to rent the track all for myself!!!
While still wearing my shirt, I had someone SLAM me in seven after I had passed him in six.  This was during practice.  Then he came looking for me after the session to tell me what an idiot I was.  Bad move on his part.  Funny thing.  After I finished adjusting his attitude, I never saw this guy at a race again.  And no, I didn't lay a finger on him.  But I made him a promise, and his disappearing act leads me to think that he took me seriously!
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

Bernie

dave333

QuoteI understand how it can happen in a race, but in practice it should not happen at all.

please explain...

K3 Chris Onwiler

In a race, you're flat out.  There is no room to hesitate or waste time.  You make a choice, the guy you're passing makes an unexpected move, and you hit.
Practice is practice.  There is no need for leather peeling, paint scraping, no-mercy passing in practice.  People who collide with other riders in practice need to learn a little patience.  It sounds like Mr Omni was the victim of an impatient or fragile-ego'd racer who couldn't show enough restraint to avoid a colission during a meaningless practice.
As the English would say, "Bad show!"
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com