News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Thoughts and Prayers to OmniGLH

Started by sdiver68, April 07, 2003, 06:21:27 AM

Speedballer347

I saw Jim Omni at the hospital Sunday and he was in very good spirits.  
He was pretty bummed that he wasn't the source of the crash, more like the victim  :'(

He is "OK" but has some painful & time-consuming injuries.  I hope he'll make it back this season, but.....   ???

DanO can fill ya all in better than me, but that's everything I know.

Good luck Omni!!! 8)
CCS #347 expert, MW/GP, GSXR1000
JoJo Bits, HighSpeedAssault.com, WickedStickers.com, GNO Kneesliders, WFO-Motorsports IL, ImageX Photography, Royalty Racing

Steviebee

was T7 always a place for crashes, seemed like several others went down in 7 last weekend.  Me included (totally my bad) ?

Super Dave

Seven sometimes has to do with how you approach it.
Super Dave

Jeff

Turn 7 as Dave mentioned, can have a funny effect on a rider.  You're coming into it a lot faster than you think (or at least you CAN come into it...).  This can freak people out.

The amount of crud that was on the outside of the track in that turn didn't help either...

I was chasing down Brian Baker, and blew T7 which put me in the crud.  As I slid sideways toward the outside of the track, Purk came around me.  

In a later race, I managed to come around Mike Chachere when he blew the turn and did the same thing.

Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

OmniGLH

thanks for the words guys.... i didn't know i was so well liked  :)  i am doing ok.  was released from the hospital on tuesday because my surgeon was going out of town, and the OR was booked.  So i'm scheduled for "next week sometime"... i'm hoping monday.  i did a good number on my left shoulder (broke it in 4 places, and lots of little fragments floating around.)  it is by far the most physical pain i have ever felt.  also broke my right wrist so doing anything (i.e. typing) sucks.  doc says no racing for at least a year, but maybe with the help of some stuff dave told me about (thanks for the email) i might be able to make RA in august (??)  

what happened was i was out in the expert practice since a) missed the am session and b) dano, diver and baller were all going out.  had just started getting back up to a good pace, started hitting my old brake markers, etc. Didn't seem to be holding anyone up, i did a lot of passing actually.  So anyways...  WOT through the kink into 7, hit the hooks, was a little wide but no big deal.  out of nowhere some A** with a white plate hits my right side just enough to nudge me off the pavement and into the mud.  at that point it was all over.  i know experts like to rub and stuff while racing... but in practice?? NOT COOL.   i can't help but think it was deliberate.  i just wish i knew who it was that did it....

anyways, thanks again guys.  great to meet cary, todd and nicole... and good to see diver and baller again.  thanks to everybody who loaded my stuff up for me.
Jim "Porcelain" Ptak

MightyDuc Racing

Sorry to hear that Omni.  :(  Hopefully that p.o.s. will read this and have to go on feeling bad about themself for it.  Get well soon.
MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM

Super Dave

I didn't know you got hit....  I don't like that.

Order that bone stuff ASAP.  It will work miracles.  D'Amico wasn't supposed to walk, let alone ride, I think.  Lots of little examples.  It really works great.

Stay away from caffeene, that messes up bones, along with alcohol.  Protein is good.  Fill up so you have something for your body to build with.  Make you're doctor into a babbling moron when you TELL him that you're gonna race in August.  
Super Dave

lbk

Not trying to rain on anyones parade, but I would be carefull about TELLING the Dr. something if your medical insurance is covering it. They can refuse coverage of any reoccurring problems if your Dr. didn't approve the activity.

Just something to keep in mind. Racing is expensive enough if you had to take care of your own medical expenses it woudln't even be possible. Just my .02 I had a street crash and the medical insurance was very curious why my automotive insurance didn't cover it, and what the exact details were, and I have the same policy as Jim since we both work for the same company.

lightweightgp

i would not suggest that anyone withhold information from a treating physician.   the Doc. has to have all the info there is in order to treat his patient properly.  Do NOT lie to your doctor.

harb990

Hey Jim - It was nice to meet you also - maybe you can come down to Gateway with Dano this summer and be the pit boss.   ;)

Good luck in your surgery (I had my shoulder rebuilt after I separated it in a 4-wheeler accident) make sure you do your re-hab, I feel that is an important step in total recovery.

Keep us up to date on everything.

Later
Cary

Super Dave

Harb...  I just put together who you are...LOL!

Glad you made it through the cold Blackhawk.
Super Dave

harb990

Dave - Just think of me as the one who has the striped bike   ;D

Cary