News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Mid-Ohio Thanks

Started by RoyHefner, September 15, 2009, 11:04:17 AM

RoyHefner

I'd like to say thank you to all of you who helped me out after my crash at Mid-Ohio this past weekend!  For those of you who don't know, I took a bit of a spill during practice on Friday afternoon, resulting in an ambulance ride to the hospital, a broken collar bone, and a couple other bumps and bruises.

Thanks to all of you that offered help and condolences throughout the weekend.  In particular, many thanks to the corner workers and ambulance crew that took care of me at the scene, Hernan Martinez and Paul Gray for waiting with me at the hospital, Sam Gaige for his eyewitness report (I don't remember the crash), and Jim and Nancy Berard for getting me back home.

It's a great bunch of folks that participate in this sport, and it's certainly reassuring to know that, when things go wrong, there's never a shortage of offers of assistance, from friends and strangers alike!

Thanks again, everyone, for all the help, and also congrats to all the racers who kicked ass at Mid-Ohio!
Roy Hefner
CCS / ASRA  #163
J.O.S. Motorsports, MCC, Pirelli, Vortex, Silkolene

jigs

Hey Roy....we were at BHF this weekend and Tea told us about your spill,I guess it could always be worse but sorry to hear about it.I guess it paid off bustin' your hump all  season,you're OK for the F-40 championship right?/

hernan52

Actually, what happened is that I needed a pair of warmers for BHF.
I oiled Roy's tires so now I can borrow them.  :biggrin:

It's good that he can't remember why he went down.  ::)

Hernan
Age and Trickery Racing
You don't stop laughing because you grow old.
You grow old because you stop laughing.

Supergirl

oh, Hernan, you can have my warmers too :D

glad to hear you're ok for the most part, Roy! You had paid it forward :) Thank you!!
IMMIGracing
CCS #56 - Arlen Ness Racing, Hindle, Silkolene, Suomy, Woodcraft, Vortex, Sharkskinz, PopShadow, TrackdayMag.com, CyclepathRacing.com

RoyHefner

QuoteActually, what happened is that I needed a pair of warmers for BHF.
I oiled Roy's tires so now I can borrow them. 

So that's what happened!  :err: It's all starting to come back to me now!  :biggrin:
Roy Hefner
CCS / ASRA  #163
J.O.S. Motorsports, MCC, Pirelli, Vortex, Silkolene