News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

$5900 raised for Air Fence!

Started by Firecat, August 31, 2009, 01:49:55 AM

Firecat

The weather and the economy didn't make for an ideal event but a great turnout and allot of generous NESBA members reaching deep into their pockets raised $5900 for the Roadracing World Action Fund for Air Fence at NESBA's annual chili cook off at Blackhawk Farms.

14 different cooks entered a chili into the cook off and it was a close vote with NESBA member Stephen Pauls coming out on top. Immediately following the chili cook off there was a raffle for donated items from NESBA members, Yoshimura Suzuki, Big Meanie Motorsports and Turn One Racing. Several items donated by NESBA member Butch Frye were auctioned off in addition to the raffle.

NESBA Asst. Director Fred Duncan who presided over the event said "The NESBA Midwest Members are a fantastic group of people and I'm proud to spend my weekends with them at the track. Every year I'm just amazed at how our members come together for the chili cook off...it's just an awesome event"

Over $15,700 has been raised for the Roadracing World Action Fund through donations from NESBA members at Blackhawk Farms events throughout the last three years. Many thanks to all those who donated to this great cause.

Air Fence is a giant pre-inflated air bag positioned in front of hard objects around a racetrack.

"I hit it unbelievable hard, and probably wouldn't be here if it wasn't for that Air Fence," - John Haner

To contribute to the Air Fence Fund https://secure.echoalley.com/actionfund/
Brian Blume
Hix Racing #803

red900

Wow, that is great.  Is Bob going to match as he has the past several years?
Dustin Boyd
Cyclepath Racing LLC
Midwest Race Supplier

Mike829

Mike #829EX
Madison Sportbikes Racing

ronhix

Great job to everyone involved.  As a guy who rides at Blackhawk Farms a lot, I really appreciate the contribution NESBA makes to the safety of all of us who ride there.  THANK YOU NESBA.
Ron Hix
Hix Racing #975

2010 Partners - Hawkeye Superbikes - Trackdaystore.com - Dunlop - Ohlins - Arai - Woodcraft - Armour Bodies - Ayden Lee Leathers - Vesrah - SIDI - GP Tech - NESBA - CLSB

bel-biv

Steve #176

www.patriotracing.us
Making a difference through motorsports.

Full Spectrum Power | Innovative Motorcycle Research | Cornerspeed | Orient Express | BG Oil | Online Paddock | On The Throttle

jigs

:cheers:Yeah thanks alot boys and girls.....we've seen them in action a couple times in the last week or two and boy are they life savers.

Sklossmonster

For those of us who remember when Blackhawk had no airfence whatsoever, these are good times indeed!  Many thanks to those who contributed in this tough economy and helped make one of my favorite tracks a little safer!

Well done.
www.TurnOneRacing.com
Bridgestone Vendor and Midwest Trackside Support Team
Complete  Race and Track bike preparations, modifications, and repairs

ronhix

Is it just me, or does it seem like the racer response to this is very low?
Ron Hix
Hix Racing #975

2010 Partners - Hawkeye Superbikes - Trackdaystore.com - Dunlop - Ohlins - Arai - Woodcraft - Armour Bodies - Ayden Lee Leathers - Vesrah - SIDI - GP Tech - NESBA - CLSB

Doctor

Wisconsin SportBikes Racing Team, Zone Photo, Dunlop, MotoVid.com, Blackhawk Farms Raceway

Jim Lilly
CCS Ex #703

DEVINC

Thank You anyone and everyone involved in making things better and safer for the sport!