News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Camping at VIR

Started by cbrf4_269, April 02, 2003, 01:12:08 PM

cbrf4_269

Just called the people at VIR and they just notified me that camping is permitted Thursday night for racers during the race weekend April 12-13.  They have recently changed it.  Just letting all the racers know who are planning on going to VIR.  

Ivan

CCS

Yes, for those who intend to camp at VIR, a change with new management is that the gate will no longer be open all night long. Gate hours will be 4PM to Midnight Thursday, then re-open at 7AM to 10PM Friday and Saturday, then Sunday 7AM to 7PM. Gate fees will remain $25 for the weekend, $15 on Sunday. For those who pay the Gate fee on Friday, you will get a refund IF you return to the gate and let the ticket seller cut the wrist band off you before 10pm Friday evening.

See you there.
Kevin Elliott
Director of Operations-CCS/ASRA
Fort Worth, TX
817-246-1127

r6_philly

QuoteYes, for those who intend to camp at VIR, a change with new management is that the gate will no longer be open all night long. Gate hours will be 4PM to Midnight Thursday, then re-open at 7AM to 10PM Friday and Saturday, then Sunday 7AM to 7PM. Gate fees will remain $25 for the weekend, $15 on Sunday. For those who pay the Gate fee on Friday, you will get a refund IF you return to the gate and let the ticket seller cut the wrist band off you before 10pm Friday evening.

See you there.

how are we going to get into the track now??? I usually leave after work Friday and get there around midnight, now I have to wait til morning at the gate? I can see 50 people camping outside the gate on Friday night now

Dawn

Quotehow are we going to get into the track now??? I usually leave after work Friday and get there around midnight, now I have to wait til morning at the gate? I can see 50 people camping outside the gate on Friday night now

Acess to the track is governed by the track owners.  We run into that situation at times.  Give the track a call to see if there is something that you can work out.  

Dawn   ;)

kevin_miller101

whoo who! Camping on Thursday!!

I agree. It is going to be tough for a lot of us to get there before the gate closes. Hopefully VIR management will change its mind.

Kevin.

motodirty

;D So is that only for thursday night?  What about Friday and Saturday nights,  cause some of us go out at night and tear up the town.  Then get back after midnight!

MightyDuc Racing

"Motodirty"

Great name...I think. Great if you are dirty minded, anyways.  ;D
MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM

motodirty

::) I've always been alittle Dirty minded and not so clean sometimes!  Someone has to be a mechanic

clemmr211

Just in case any one is still wondering about this, I emailed VIR and asked them and the reply from Jenifer was "...Gate will be open all night thurs, fri and sat due to camping.....Vir's gate will be open all night all three nights due to camping"  
Ryan

funksouljon

Just leave your yipping Jack Russells etc at home please.

motodirty

:-X what we can't bring our wives or girlfriends What the hell is that!!!!!!!!! LOL

r6_philly

QuoteJust in case any one is still wondering about this, I emailed VIR and asked them and the reply from Jenifer was "...Gate will be open all night thurs, fri and sat due to camping.....Vir's gate will be open all night all three nights due to camping"  
Ryan

Thank goodness, thats how it is supposed to be. We paid for camping, we should have access to the track all night.