News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Nice Job Ron Hix!

Started by unter_kid, June 07, 2009, 05:20:57 PM

unter_kid

Not a bad first AMA weekend for Ron

- Outqualify in front of a former world champ - Check.
- Finish in front of said former world champ in race 2 - Check
- Not fall down in the shitty Wisconsin Novemb...I mean June weather - Check.

Great job Ron!  It was fun to watch!  :thumb:
Mike Anhalt

APP_Racing

Had a blast watching every second of the races.  Big congrats!!!!!
A Dean
APP Racing LLC
St. Louis, MO
314-757-0364

Donate today!
www.redflagfund.org/

ronhix

Thanks guys.  It was an "eye-opening" experience for sure, the pace was quite fast.  It is hard to describe what 10 seconds a lap faster looks like when it goes by you and you feel like you are already riding with your hair on fire!  LOL. 

We had a lot of fun and we learned a couple things as well.  Plus, we finished in the money so hopefully we can do another one this year.   :biggrin:
Ron Hix
Hix Racing #975

2010 Partners - Hawkeye Superbikes - Trackdaystore.com - Dunlop - Ohlins - Arai - Woodcraft - Armour Bodies - Ayden Lee Leathers - Vesrah - SIDI - GP Tech - NESBA - CLSB

racerhall

i want to know how you got a superbike license. i have raced for years and also raced ama for years and they wouldnt give me one  :wtf:
Midwest ccs #69
asra #69
ama #66
www.schaumburgaudi.com

murf99

Great work Ron!

Quote from: ronhix on June 08, 2009, 10:32:43 AM
It is hard to describe what 10 seconds a lap faster looks like when it goes by you and you feel like you are already riding with your hair on fire!  LOL. 

Since you have a shaved head, I can only guess what that means...
Todd Murray
CCS #99 MW Expert

PS I Love You Wedding Photo Storybooks / Moto Union - Ducati Milwaukee / Motorex

ronhix

Thanks for the love guys, all the encouragement and support is awesome.

Just finished adding the race writeup to the web site.  We had a good weekend and showed well at our first AMA event.  We finished 20th in the rain in American Superbike race 1 and 18th in the dry for race 2.

Full race writeup from AMA Road America can be found here:
http://hixracing.com/writeup-2009-ama-ram-r06.html

I'll post some pics and vids as they become available.

Thanks for all the love and support!  :)
Ron Hix
Hix Racing #975

2010 Partners - Hawkeye Superbikes - Trackdaystore.com - Dunlop - Ohlins - Arai - Woodcraft - Armour Bodies - Ayden Lee Leathers - Vesrah - SIDI - GP Tech - NESBA - CLSB

Garywc

Quote from: racerhall on June 08, 2009, 03:33:58 PM
i want to know how you got a superbike license. i have raced for years and also raced ama for years and they wouldnt give me one  :wtf:

they are handing out AMA licenses like candy on halloween.
and i guess they did away with there 100 AMA points to get the super bike license.

not picking on Ron I would have tried to get my superbike license too if i had a 1000
ron you did good wish i was there too
CCS/ASRA #77
AMA #776
http://www.eastcoastsupertwins.com
Monmouth Cycles,Woodcraft, bel-ray,AXO

mx558

hernan52

Congratulations Ron!
What a great experience.... hope you do many more.
Best
Hernan
You don't stop laughing because you grow old.
You grow old because you stop laughing.

Cowboy 6

C6

www.NeedGod.com  ....   www.TPOParts.com  ....   www.Christiansportbike.com.com ....  www.woodcraft-cfm.com ....  www.ebcbrakes.com ....www.baxleycompanies.com

Doctor

Quote from: ronhix on June 08, 2009, 10:32:43 AM
Thanks guys.  It was an "eye-opening" experience for sure, the pace was quite fast.  It is hard to describe what 10 seconds a lap faster looks like when it goes by you and you feel like you are already riding with your hair on fire!  LOL. 

We had a lot of fun and we learned a couple things as well.  Plus, we finished in the money so hopefully we can do another one this year.   :biggrin:

I have a pretty good idea what that is like, actually. LOL

Congrats Ron!
Wisconsin SportBikes Racing Team, Zone Photo, Dunlop, MotoVid.com, Blackhawk Farms Raceway

Jim Lilly
CCS Ex #703

ajn507

Congrats Ron.

I would also like to know how you got a American Superbike license because I'm interested in competing at the VIR round.  Your help with this would be greatly appreciated.