SV- 2003 Vs 99-02

Started by Nate R, March 31, 2003, 05:59:38 PM

Nate R

OK, well, early dyno and seat-o-the-pants dyno testing indicate the 2003 SV has about 6 HP over the old SV, from what I've heard. So, 66 to 72 HP stock.

How much of a difference will this make on the track? Any guesses on how much faster this would translate as far as lap times, given just the power change?

I'm worried, as far as LWSS goes. I don't want to get hauled by 03 and 04 SVs next year, and not be able to do anything about it in the straights. I can do the same mods they can, so they will still end up on top by probably 4 HP. IF you have 2 VERY fast ams, or fast experts at BHF, and one bike has 6% more power than the other, how much of a difference between the 2 will there be?

Just curious. I know in club racing its more rider than anything, but I'm also wondering how much different lap times would be.

Super Dave: What is the lap time difference on 600s in the past 10 years? 2 seconds? And they gained what, 10 HP, and a better chassis? So, the 2003 SV might be 1 second faster, since the chassis isnt much better?
Nate Reik
MotoSliders, LLC
www.motosliders.com
Missing my SV :-(

Super_KC124

Jim Holmen whooped me regularly on a stock SV last year. (Except the last race at Road America  ;D) and I was riding a stock GSXR600. 95 or 98 HP. Worry about race lines, braking, corner speed ect... Those will go much farther than HP any day. ;)

Super_KC124

Oh, for all of you racing this weekend.  :P :P :P :P :P :P :'(