News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Back to Back Races and Reporting to Tech???

Started by mikendzel, March 19, 2009, 01:25:12 PM

mikendzel

Now I'm not anticipating making the podium this year, I just can't remember the explanation that I know I've heard a few times...

If you have back to back races, e.g. Summit Point Cycle Fest in May I am in HWSS and then MWGP right after; what happens if I miraculously come in 3rd?  Do I just report to tech after the MWGP race?

And the SS races are the only ones that you have to report to tech if you podium, right?

Cowboy 6

C6

www.NeedGod.com  ....   www.TPOParts.com  ....   www.Christiansportbike.com.com ....  www.woodcraft-cfm.com ....  www.ebcbrakes.com ....www.baxleycompanies.com

spyderchick

Talk to your race director, there's a protocol so that you can compete in your next scheduled race.
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

Jeff

Quote from: spyderchick on March 19, 2009, 02:23:13 PM
Talk to your race director, there's a protocol so that you can compete in your next scheduled race.

Yep...  In the midwest you just have to run your next race with Larry Manor on the  back of the bike...
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

2old2fat2slow

Thanks to:Lithium Motorsports, Vondari Racing, Continental Tires of North America, Absolute Cycle, RaceConti,Next Level Motorsports, Mize Mobile, Vortex, Woodcraft

RoyHefner

Supersport races are not necessarily the only classes that require post-race tech inspections, and conversely not all Supersport races will require post-race tech.  The race officials should designate which classes must post-race tech in the riders meeting and/or on the posted grids, at least that's what they do in the Mid-West region.  Also, at Twin Sprint events, the classes that must report to post-race tech can change from one day to the next.  That was a lesson learned the hard way!!!  :wah:
Roy Hefner
CCS / ASRA  #163
J.O.S. Motorsports, MCC, Pirelli, Vortex, Silkolene

Eric Kelcher

Let the Race Director know at the riders meeting that you have back to back races regarldess of post race tech. this is for multiple reasons the biggest is at some tracks we will release bikes for their hot lap while bikes are still completing their cool off lap, maximize track useage for practice and race distances. If yo have to report for post race tech they will inform you of what they woudl like done that weekend.

All Supersport races top 3 should report to tech, if you are unsure if you are top 3 stop in tech they will know which bikes they are looking for. Not all weekends will have the same inspection at SuperSport post race inspection sometimes it is quick visual others it is more invasive requiring tank removal with air filter inspections etc.

In addtion we do VIN checks for OEM contingency, if you are running in a class that pays OEM contingnecy for your bike then stop in at tech or you may forfeit that contingency money.

Not showing for post race contingency VIN check will not result in DQ

Not showing for SS post race inspection will result in DQ
Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition

mikendzel

Thanks everyone!

Here's to hoping for miraculous finishes!  :cheers:

Gino230

This actually stopped me from entering HW Superbike (runs back to back with LW supersport here in FL). I tried leaving the big bike at tech, but even then it's nearly impossible. I just gave up after a while.
CCS / ASRA EX # 23
2012 Ducati 848 / 1100 Conversion     2005 Ducati 749RS
2006 CCS Florida Thunderbike Champion (AM)
2008 CCS LW Supersport National Champion (EX) 2nd in 2011 and now  2012....damn you Mavros!