News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Saftey Wiring

Started by 1hot03r1az09, March 07, 2009, 09:12:37 PM

1hot03r1az09

I have a saftey wiring issue with doing the radiator hose clamps do you drill the heads of the screws or just start it through the hole and what do you tie it off to then?

LilJayRR

I dont think you have to safety wire them, the hose clamp is all that is needed.

Jason Gibbens
Expert #62 Mid-Atlantic
2007 GTU Team Challenge Champions!
2009 ZX6R RnR Cycles, Repsol, Dunlop, Woodcraft

1hot03r1az09

Hmmm..... see i don't know then how do you do the oil filter cause i heard that they don't accept the K&N you still have to have another clamp on it?

Woofentino Pugrossi

I used a radiator hose clamp that was big enough to go around the filter then wire through the slots in teh clamp to the frame. Make sure that it will keep the filter from spinning in the direction of removal. Not only will it keep the filter in place, its a quick visual check for tech also.
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

1hot03r1az09

awesome man thanks alot for that advise

honda60071

Quote from: 1hot03r1az09 on March 07, 2009, 10:06:32 PM
Hmmm..... see i don't know then how do you do the oil filter cause i heard that they don't accept the K&N you still have to have another clamp on it?
That's not true is it?/ Used a k&N last year never heard anything about it.
Shawn

1hot03r1az09

It's just what i heard that even though it has the saftey wire hole the hole breaks off the oil filter

Eric Kelcher

K&N filter with safety wire thru it is adequete.

Using the nut to tighten the filter can result in the nut being broken off the filter and causing an oil leak.

hand tighten, loosen with nut
Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition