News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Arawagoosoi shocks?

Started by Doc, March 26, 2003, 07:17:16 PM

Doc

Has anyone heard of Arawagoosoi rear shocks?  If so, could you post any/all info. you have?  Also, if you have a website, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Doc

Super Dave

Tell us more....

(A short bus owner...)
Super Dave

Doc

Dave, I never said I was a short bus owner, just a driver and patron  ::) ;D

About the shock, a buddy I know has the shock and bought it from a racer in Toronto.  The company is a small company based somewhere in Europe.  Since the company isn't well known, no one will buy the shock for what it is worth and the guy needs money.  So, he is selling it for less than a 1/3 of the cost of a Penske.  The only thing I know about it is that it has all the adjustments of a Penske, but I don't know if there is bleed over when adjusting like there is with Ohlins.  

I would buy it w/o knowing more about it if it was sprung for my weight, but it's sprung for a 155lb. rider and the last time I was that weight I was a junior in high school.

So, that's about all I know.

Doc

KBOlsen

LOL - Dave DOES own a short bus, silly!
CCS AM 815... or was that 158?

Super Dave

QuoteDave, I never said I was a short bus owner, just a driver and patron  ::) ;D

About the shock, a buddy I know has the shock and bought it from a racer in Toronto.  The company is a small company based somewhere in Europe.  Since the company isn't well known, no one will buy the shock for what it is worth and the guy needs money.  So, he is selling it for less than a 1/3 of the cost of a Penske.  The only thing I know about it is that it has all the adjustments of a Penske, but I don't know if there is bleed over when adjusting like there is with Ohlins.  

I would buy it w/o knowing more about it if it was sprung for my weight, but it's sprung for a 155lb. rider and the last time I was that weight I was a junior in high school.

I do have a short bus;  thanks Kim.

What do you mean by bleed over?

If it is sprung for a different weight, change the spring.  Should be pretty easy.  You could do a straight rate spring, or be really cool and do a rising rate sping like Hyperpro has.
Super Dave

Doc

QuoteI do have a short bus;  thanks Kim.

What do you mean by bleed over?

If it is sprung for a different weight, change the spring.  Should be pretty easy.  You could do a straight rate spring, or be really cool and do a rising rate sping like Hyperpro has.

What I mean by bleed over, when you adjust a Penske, the adjustment is independent from all the other adjustments.  However, with Ohlins, you make an adjustment and you have a bit of bleed over into the other adjustments.  Therefore, you have to compromise a bit.

As far as changing the spring, I don't know if a racetech or traxxion spring will fit.  If I had the shock in hand I would take it to MD or 4&6, but it's in New York.  

Doc

Super Dave

I would think that the spring would have to be some kind of standard size, otherwise they would have to go through the expense of having a completely different spring made for their application.  And a MC only has so much room between the swingarm.  Call him, find out the ID and OD of the spring.
Super Dave

EX#996

Paul and Dawn Buxton