Santa came early-New bike for next season!!

Started by Jack_Brock, November 30, 2008, 07:55:47 PM

Super Dave

Super Dave

George_Linhart

Awesome bike Jack!  I am too frightened of my  own lack of self controll to buy such a bike, no matter how much I want one.

Becka - welcome to the dark side.  I am, however, disapointed.  I don't think I will be able to blast by you on the straights anymore.

Lightweight should be fun next year.  Welcome to the party Super Dave...

I am not going to do any major work on my Duc this winter other than general maintenance and upkeep and a re-map for U4.2.  I am hoping to get more seat time in next year as that will do a lot more for my racing than I can by throwing money around.  It will, however, be difficult.  This friday marked the arival of a new baby in my house.  It is going to be much harder to get away for race weekends.

George

Super Dave

Quote from: George_Linhart on December 01, 2008, 11:28:56 AM
Lightweight should be fun next year.  Welcome to the party Super Dave...
Thanks, George!  I've been here before many times, just before a lot of you.  LOL!
Super Dave

Super Dave

And congrats on the baby!!!  What kind did you get?   :cheers:
Super Dave

Ducati23

I got a new 848 for next season. It won't be anything special, pretty much stock. Can't wait for spring '09  Number 23 tOm  :thumb:
CCS/ASRA #23
GP SuperTwins Champion 2007 2008
Ducati 848

Jack_Brock

Steve-I'm glad your wrist wasn't any worse.  I thank god every day it wasn't my right arm/wrist, or there is no way I would have ever raced again.

George-ditto on what Dave said, what kind?  Shelby and I are expecting a little girl in early March.
BTW-I don't think anybody is ever going to beat Becka down the straight again!

Dave-your bike looks like the characters in George's avatar-no offense.  Glad to see you back in LW.

Clayton-did I miss the memo?  A 848 isn't legal for LW is it?  What the hell are you thinking?  Wu is coming back to LW and I was hoping you would put the smackdown on him after all the sh!$ he has talked.

Sorry I am always slow to respond, but I can't get to this site at work!
www.caferacerinc.com
GP Expert #914

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy

Super Dave

Quote from: Jack_Brock on December 01, 2008, 11:11:47 PM
Dave-your bike looks like the characters in George's avatar-no offense.  Glad to see you back in LW.
Thanks!

And as for the characters, I did watch the Grinch last night.

And don't let Clay lie:  it's an 1198R.
Super Dave

Ducati23

Jack

The guy who bought my SS is in KC and will probably allow me to race it in LW just to see me spank Wu on it in LW - for his transgressions. One should respect their elders. Rich shows no respect at all. Besides sponsoring Becka in LW to spank Wu all season long is almost as fun. Wait 'til you see the cool pink logo's! She is going to rock on it.  I also have a nice fully prepped '06 SV on hand should Wu require further spanking next season.

It is a stock 848 not a 1198R as David indicates. Although I would like to have a new 1098R (1198cc) finances permitting, David & Dans Buells are probably faster down the straights than my 848. My old 749R is quicker and faster than this new 848, but it was time to replace it. I'll be in F40 and Supertwins next season with an occassional ride in LW sponsored machines permitting!
CCS/ASRA #23
GP SuperTwins Champion 2007 2008
Ducati 848

Super Dave

Quote from: Ducati23 on December 02, 2008, 09:13:07 AM
Dave & Dans Buells are probably faster down the straights than my 848.
Mine?  No.  848's make more power than my GSXR750 did last year.  My SV1000 can't keep up with 600's, and my Buell is doing well to keep up with SV's.  Not with Ed Key's. 
Super Dave

George_Linhart

We got a little boy - 8 lbs 5 oz, 10 fingers and 10 toes, everthing seems to be going well.  Our first son, Samuel, is very happy to have a little brother.

At 3 1/2 Samuel is already trying to talk me into buying him a KTM - they have a "Sammy Sized" 50 cc dirtbike over at the shop that he is ask for from santa.

BTW, does anybody know who is lighter - Ed or Becka?  At least they have somewhat equalized the field with combined bike and rider power/weight limits in ASRA Thunderbike for this year.  I now have to gain 20 bhp or loose 77 lbs to be anywhere near the class limitations.

George

benprobst

Quote from: George_Linhart on December 02, 2008, 10:51:56 PM
We got a little boy - 8 lbs 5 oz, 10 fingers and 10 toes, everthing seems to be going well.  Our first son, Samuel, is very happy to have a little brother.

At 3 1/2 Samuel is already trying to talk me into buying him a KTM - they have a "Sammy Sized" 50 cc dirtbike over at the shop that he is ask for from santa.

BTW, does anybody know who is lighter - Ed or Becka?  At least they have somewhat equalized the field with combined bike and rider power/weight limits in ASRA Thunderbike for this year.  I now have to gain 20 bhp or loose 77 lbs to be anywhere near the class limitations.

George

Ed is heavier. Spider monkeys are suprisingly dense. However, Becca is definately better looking, so she wins there.
BP Performance_Team Dreaded_Motul_Michelin Tires_SLU Machine_Midwest Cafe Racing_FastbyEnrico_Outlaw Kustomz_BS Design
Home of the GSXR 565

benprobst

Here is my new race bike. Spankin new. Sorry about the quality, I took the picture on my phone. Ive got all of the best shit sitting on the shelves waiting to get slapped on. Should be a good season :thumb:
BP Performance_Team Dreaded_Motul_Michelin Tires_SLU Machine_Midwest Cafe Racing_FastbyEnrico_Outlaw Kustomz_BS Design
Home of the GSXR 565